Jeffrey A. Hensley
Top rated Family Law attorney in Tulsa, OklahomaHensley and Associates, PLLC
Jeffrey A. Hensley, Esq., is a family law attorney in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is the principal attorney and president of Hensley Legal Services, PLLC, and he represents clients throughout northeast Oklahoma in divorce-related matters including division of family assets, child custody and support, spousal support, fathers' rights, grandparents' rights, guardianship, visitation and paternity issues. With experience in both mediation and litigation, Mr. Hensley works diligently to resolve matters without taking the issue to court whenever possible, but he fights vigorously for his clients' rights in the courtroom when it is necessary.
After earning two undergraduate degrees, a Bachelor of Science in biology from Oklahoma City University in 2001 and a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in English from the University of Tulsa in 2005, Mr. Hensley earned his law degree in 2008 from The University of Tulsa College of Law. That same year, he was also awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Social Security Disability law.
Following law school, in 2008, Mr. Hensley took a position working as an associate attorney at the law firm of Best & Sharp, P.C., in Tulsa. In 2010, he became a partner in another Tulsa law practice, the Pilkington Law Firm, PLLC, and in 2013, he left to open Hensley Legal Services, PLLC. Mr. Hensley is admitted to practice in Oklahoma and before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Northern Districts of Oklahoma.
To keep current with the latest developments in his area of practice and to forge good working relationships with his colleagues, Mr. Hensley maintains memberships in several professional organizations, including the American, Oklahoma and Tulsa County bar associations.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2008, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.hensleylegalservices.com/our-firm/jeffrey-a-hens...
- NADC's Selection ProcessThe National Association of Distinguished Counsel employs an objective, rigorous, multi-stage selection process. The result is the identification of the finest lawyers in the country, named "Nation's Top Attorneys."Stage OneCandidates are identified either by nomination or an in house research team. Nominations are only accepted by members of the NADC, fellow attorneys, and current or former clients.Stage TwoOnce prospective candidates are identified, a lengthy vetting process is employed by NADC researchers. The information considered in this review process is sourced from publicly available information, including attorneys’ websites, public profiles, client reviews, and court records. Specifically, the research team evaluates factors which include, but are not limited to the following: firm profile and reputation, years of practice, education, training, trial experience, case outcomes, peer endorsements, client reviews, professional awards, professional memberships, leadership in legal organizations, community involvement, disciplinary status, and other noteworthy achievements. No single factor is dispositive; rather, the NADC research team evaluates each individual as a whole.Stage ThreeA blue ribbon panel of attorneys studies the results provided by the NADC research team. These attorneys, having achieved podium status in their own right by multiple independent organizations, separate and apart from the NADC, are specially positioned with the perspective and knowledge in selecting “Nation’s Top Attorneys.” While considering the information presented to them, they make careful determinations as to who among their peers possesses the background, accomplishments, and prowess to serve as an example to other attorneys. The result is a list of attorneys who are considered truly elite.Stage FourA judicial review board, led by a group of former judges, weighs in on the final candidates. The purpose of this phase is to ensure that those who are named “Nation’s Top Attorneys” have epitomized the ideals of the legal profession. They finalize the process of selecting the attorneys whose stellar reputation and exceptional performance exemplify only the highest standards. Those invited as members of the NADC must exhibit qualities becoming of an Officer of the Court, and have also demonstrated admirable character and virtue in the course of their practice of law., Nation's Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- "Best attorney" Lifetime Charter Members are extraordinary lawyers with an extraordinary level of legal expertise, competency, professional reputation, professionalism and ethical standards the highest standards that Rue Ratings' Best Attorneys of America has personally invited that chosen attorney to be a Lifetime Charter Member. "Best Attorney" Lifetime Charter Membership is limited to 100 attorneys in each state, with the exception of the States of California, New York. Illinois, Florida, Louisiana, Texas and Washington D.C. where the number of "Best Attorney" Lifetime Charter Members is limited to 200 attorneys in those states., Lifetime Charter Member of Best Attorneys of America, Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America
- The purpose of the American Academy of Trial Attorneys (AATA) is to promote through recognition the professionalism and excellence of those Trial Attorneys who have earned the designation as a Premier 100 trial attorney as found by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys. A Premier 100 Trial Attorney has satisfied stringent criteria and standards as established by the AATA*tm Board of Directors. Membership into the Premier 100 Criminal and Civil American Academy of Trial Attorneys is only available to the Premier 100 criminal defense and plaintiff’s civil attorneys in each state. In areas of the country with a higher concentration of attorneys or lower concentration the number of available Premier 100 Trial Attorney listings is severely limited. Prospective members are carefully screened before being invited to join. The criteria for membership includes, but is not limited to, the following: An individual attorney’s commitment to ethics and professionalism Notable verdicts, achievements or settlements Board Certified Specialization as designated by the State Bar or other leading organization Nominations from the Board of Directors, industry leading trial attorneys, and existing Premier 100 Trial Attorney membership Membership and executive positions held within state trial attorney organizations or other leading organizations Any Current ratings or ranking profiles as identified by reputable and credible online or local evaluations, Premier 100, American Academy of Trial Attorneys
- The National Advocates is an invitation-only professional organization composed of the Top 100 attorneys from each state who serve individuals and families needing attorneys to represent them in the American legal system. Members of The National Advocates exemplify superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence and performance in their area of specialty. This exclusive organization provides superior networking opportunities, continuing legal education and the highest quality advocacy training for lawyers across the nation. Membership in The National Advocates is limited to the Top 100 Lawyers from each state who serve individuals and families in the legal system. Members of The National Advocates are encouraged to nominate their peers for membership who practice in the specialty areas of Matrimonial and Family Law; Bankruptcy Law; Social Security Disability Law; Immigration Law; Employment Law; and Wills, Trust, and Estates. Prospective members are carefully screened before being invited to join. The criteria for membership include: Reputation among peers, the judiciary and the public Achievements as specialty lawyers Board certification in their areas of specialty Nominations from leading lawyers, current members and Executive Committee members Leadership and membership in other national and state specialty lawyer organizations Rankings and ratings by leading national evaluation organizations and associations Nominees must be lawyers actively practicing law in one of the following areas of specialty: Matrimonial and Family Law; Bankruptcy Law; Social Security Disability Law; Immigration Law; Employment Law; and Wills, Trust, and Estates. Memberships are reviewed annually to assure that the membership of The National Advocates is made up of only the premier attorneys from each state or region. All members are automatically reconsidered for membership but not automatically re-invited annually., National Advocates Top 100, The National Advocates
- The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys uses a thorough selection process to determine the top family law attorneys in each state. With thousands of attorneys in each state, the NAFLA's rigorous, independent selection process resolves the challenge of attorneys claiming to be "the best" without basis for such claims. For the accused, finding a well-qualified family law attorney is imperative, and the NAFLA's process leaves no doubt as to whom the preeminent family law attorneys are: The attorneys who make the NAFLA list must first be nominated by a licensed practicing attorney. Second, the NAFLA research staff verifies the nominated individuals meet the minimum requirements of membership in the NAFLA. The NAFLA processing committee selects a portion of the nominated attorneys to advance to the final selection stage. Finally, the NAFLA Board of Governors officially selects the top family law attorneys in each state., National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 in Oklahoma, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Lambda Chi Alpha
- At the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys we recognize excellence. Very few Attorneys can display our “10 Best” or “10 Best Under 40″ badge on their website or display the plaque in their office. This is for the consumer so that he or she can choose the very best in their field. Our selection committee and Board of Regents look at many factors including: Must be formally nominated by the Board, Client, and/or Peer Must have an impeccable Client Rating rating with no complaints or issues of any kind Must not have faced or been subject to any Attorney Grievance Committee discipline Must be a member in Good Standing of their State Bar Must have excellent Client/Peer Reviews Possess Advanced Degrees Awards received Professional Associations and their activity in such Associations Publications in their field Speaking engagements in their field, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Oklahoma, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- CALI Award for Excellence in Social Security Disability Law, May 1, 2008 - Present
- Tulsa County Bar Association, May 1, 2008 - Present
- Member in Good Standing with the American Bar Association, 2008
- Oklahoma Bar Association, September 24, 2008 - Present
- Oklahoma, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2008
- American Bar Association, May 1, 2010 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2008
- University of Tulsa, College of Law- Juris Doctorate, 2008
- Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma., B.S. - August, 2001, Major: Biology
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma., B.A. cum laude - May, 2005, Major: English
- University of Tulsa, College of Law Health Law Certificate, 2008
- Alimony and Property Division, Family Law, Family Law, 2019
Office location for Jeffrey A. Hensley
427 S Boston Ave
Tulsa, OK 74120
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018