Moura A.J. Robertson
Top rated family law attorney in Tulsa, OklahomaDoerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, LLP
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Oklahoma since: 1992
Education: The University of Tulsa College of Law
Our office remains open, and in response to COVID-19 we have expanded our options for remote consultations and virtual meetings. Please contact our office to discuss what meeting option best fits your situation. Call 918-591-5239.
Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, LLP2 West Second Street
Tulsa, OK 74103-3117 Visit website
Moura Robertson Family Law is a law firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma, owned and managed by attorney Moura A.J. Robertson. Ms. Robertson practices exclusively in the area of family law and handles matters involving divorce; alimony; child custody; child support; debt division; prenuptial, premarital or antenuptial agreements; property division; spousal support; and visitation. She serves clients throughout the state of Oklahoma.
Ms. Robertson has been a licensed attorney since 1992 and has earned a reputation as one of Oklahoma’s top family law attorneys. She holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America.” She is also a certified fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Robertson regularly lectures on various family law topics at continuing legal education seminars and is an active member of her legal community. She is a member of the Tulsa County Bar Association, the Oklahoma Bar Association and the American Bar Association. She belongs to the family law section of each organization and chaired the family law section of the Tulsa County Bar Association from 2007 to 2009.
Ms. Robertson earned a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at New Paltz. She received her law degree from The University of Tulsa College of Law. She understands the devastating financial, mental and emotional impact of a divorce or other family-related legal proceeding and consistently provides her clients with accurate and compassionate advice regarding all their options and potential outcomes.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1992, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.dsda.com/People/Moura-A-J-Robertson
- Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, State Chapter President, 2015-2016
Continuing Legal Education Presentations: "Prenuptial Agreements in Oklahoma"; "Evidence without Experts"; "Child Custody: Whose Best Interests Are They Anyway?"; "Getting and Protecting Confidential Records in a Divorce Proceeding"; "Professionalism and Ethics in Divorce Proceedings"; "Estate Planning, Divorce and Discovery"; "Truth or Dare? Bounds of Advocacy, Professionalism & Candor to the Court"; "Oh No You Don't! Prenuptial Agreements in Oklahoma"; "The Automatic Temporary Injunction: There is More to it Than Meets the Eye".
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law Section Trial Advocacy Institute: "Direct Examination of Experts and Witnesses", Lecturer and Instructor, 2016
- Legal Services of Oklahoma
- Tulsa Lawyers for Children, Inc.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, State University of New York, College at New Paltz, 1982
- , Lawyer of the Year, Collaborative Law: Family Law, Tulsa Area, Oklahoma Super Lawyers, 2020
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, Family Law Mediation, Tulsa Area, 2020
Top Tulsa Attorney
Top 25 Women Lawyers in Oklahoma
- The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA) has recognized the exceptional performance of Moura A.J. Robertson as 2019 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for client satisfaction. AIOFLA is a third-party attorney rating organization that publishes an annual list of the top 10 Family Law Attorneys in each state. Attorneys selected to the "10 Best" list must pass AIOFLA's rigorous selection process, based on client and/or peer nominations, thorough research, and AIOFLA’s independent evaluation. AIOFLA's annual list was created as a client resource during the attorney selection process. The most important aspect of the selection process involves attorneys' relationships and reputation among his/her clients. AIOFLA places the utmost emphasis on selecting lawyers who have achieved significant success in the field of Family Law without sacrificing the service and support they provide. Selection criteria focuses on attorneys who demonstrate the highest standards of client satisfaction. , 10 Best Family Law Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA), 2019
- First Tier Ranking, Best Law Firms in Oklahoma, U.S. News & World Report, 2018
- Recognized for Excellence and Achievements by the Legal Community, Top Lawyers in Oklahoma, Oklahoma Magazine, 2017
- Recognized for Excellence in Practice and Dedication to the Legal Field and Community, Top 10 Family Law Attorney Oklahoma, Attorney and Practice Magazines, 2017
- Peer Selection, Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2017
- "Best Attorneys" Listing by peer review process, Tulsa People Magazine, 2016
- Top-Tier Rating, Best Lawyers, U.S. News and World Report, 2016
- Client Satisfaction Award, "Top 10" Oklahoma Female Attorneys, American Family Law Institute, 2016
- Recognized for excellence in the practice of Family Law, Hood-Corbitt Award, Tulsa County Bar Association, 2014
AV-Preeminent Rating in legal ability and ethics by Martindale Hubbel
Tulsa Power Attorney
- Private Judge, Private Trials of America, 2020
- Founding Member, American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators (AACFL), 2020
- President, Oklahoma Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2016
Tulsa County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair 2007-2009
Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law Section
American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- President, Oklahoma Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2015
- In an exclusive interview, Family Lawyer Magazine discusses Moura Robertson’s background in Family Law and her commitment to help clients., Moura Recognized by Family Lawyer Magazine, 2020
- Moura Robertson discusses spousal support in Oklahoma, including the many different criteria for how it is awarded and how the court determines how much is paid., Support Alimony in Oklahoma, Family Law, 2020
- Moura Robertson discusses property division in Oklahoma – including how prenuptial agreements could affect property division during divorce., Property Division and Prenups During Divorce in Oklahoma, Family Law, 2020
- Moura Robertson shares what all divorcing parents in Oklahoma need to know about divorce-related parenting issues., Child Custody, Visitation and Child Support in Oklahoma, Family Law, 2020
- Moura Robertson personally describes her approach to client representation, Meet Moura Robertson, 2016
- Divorce Litigation And Trial
- Divorce Mediation And Collaborative Divorce Practice.
Office location for Moura A.J. Robertson
2 West Second Street
Tulsa, OK 74103-3117
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Top ListsTop 25: Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2010, 2012 - 2014, 2016 - 2022
- Top 25: 2022 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2021 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2020 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2019 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2018 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2017 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2016 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2014 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2013 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2012 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2010 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2009 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2008 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Top 25: 2007 Women Oklahoma Super Lawyers
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Moura is a leader in Oklahoma family law. She is particularly noteworthy for her willingness to assist and mentor younger attorneys.”
“Moura is one of the leaders in family law in the Tulsa metro area.”