Paul E. (Trip) Swain, III
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Tulsa, OK
Attorney Paul E. (Trip) Swain, III, is the founder and owner of Paul E. Swain, PLC, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. A nationally ranked lawyer with more than 39 years of total legal experience, Mr. Swain provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Estate planning
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Swain has gained a reputation as a staunch and tireless advocate for his clients who works hard to help them pursue their goals and the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. An honest and responsive attorney, he fosters an atmosphere of open communication with his clients, and he delivers highly personalized counsel to all he serves while fighting hard to protect their rights and interests at all turns.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Swain has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community with their complex and pressing legal challenges.
A 1977 graduate of The University of Oklahoma, Mr. Swain obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1982, where he served as editor of the Oklahoma Law Review. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Swain is Master of the Hudson-Hall-Wheaton chapter of the American Inns of Court and Fellow with the Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys. He is also a member of the Oklahoma and Tulsa County Bar Associations, among his other professional affiliations, and he serves on the boards of various civic and charitable organizations in his area.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Paul E. (Trip) Swain, III
First Admitted: 1982, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://www.swainlaw.com/attorney-profile/
- American Adoptions
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions ...
- Gladney Adoptions
- AdoptHelp Inc.
- Paul is actively engaged in numerous civic organizations, and he serves as chairman of the board of Heritage Family Services Adoption Agency. Currently is a member of the Ronald McDonald Charities Advisory Board. He is also a member of the board of deacons of the First Presbyterian Church of Tulsa., Paul E. "Trip" Swain III is a Master of the Hudson-Hall-Wheaton chapter of the American Inns of Court and a fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys (AAAA)
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- The 1996 Oklahoma Adoption Act, Oklahoma Bar Journal, Vol 67 No. 48 Page 3965
- OBA Presentation, A Look at the Baby Girl Veronica Case & Its Impact on the Indian Child Welfare Act in Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma, BBA, Finance, 1977, 1977
- Paul E. "Trip" Swain III is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association and the Tulsa County Bar Association. He was admitted to the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma in 1982, the Eastern District of Oklahoma in 1983, and the Western District of Oklahoma in 1998. Mr. Swain was admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals-10th Circuit in 1989. Paul has been active on the Professional Responsibility and Bench and Bar committees., 1982
- Tulsa County Bar Association Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma, 1982
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of the Board of Ronald McDonald House of Tulsa, President 1996; Member of the Advisory Board of Ronald McDonald House of Tulsa 1996 to present; Member of the Board of Heritage Family Services, Inc, President 2005 to present; Member of the Rotary Club of Tulsa., 1996
- Ronald McDonald Charities of Tulsa, Past Chairman and Board Member
- Advisory Board of Nightlight Christian Adoption Agency
- Paul E. "Trip" Swain is a fellow of the American Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys (AAAA), 2009
- Mr. Swain was on the team which litigated Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl (Veronica), a case involving Oklahoma and South Carolina, and was ultimately decided in the United States Supreme Court. The case involved the rights of adoptive parents and the rights of an unwed Native American biological father. After the United Supreme Court decision, the case was remanded to the South Carolina Supreme Court and eventually the South Carolina trial court. Mr. Swain's team was successful in enforcing the South Carolina judgment in Oklahoma after protracted litigation in the Oklahoma District Court, the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals, and the Oklahoma Supreme Court., 2013
- Phillips Petroleum Co. v. Lujan, 4 F.3d 858, 1993, 10th Cir.
- Centrifugal Casting Mach. Co. v. American Bank of Tulsa, et. al., 966 F.2d 1348, 1992, 10th Cir.
- Phillips Petroleum Co. v. Lujan, 963 F.2d 1380, 1992, 10th Cir.
- Phillips Petroleum Co. v. Lujan, 951 F.2d 257, 1991, 10th Cir.
- Colbert v. Tulsa World, 1987 OK 116, 747 P.2d 286, 1987, OK
- Assisted Reproduction
- Estate Planning
Last Updated: 5/16/2022