Thomas M. Askew
Top rated business litigation attorney in Tulsa, OklahomaRiggs Abney Neal Turpen Orbison & Lewis
Attorney Thomas M. Askew is a shareholder and director at the law firm of Riggs, Abney, Neal, Turpen, Orbison and Lewis, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Mr. Askew litigates business disputes, business torts, contracts disputes, first- and third-party insurance matters, bad faith insurance claims and personal injury matters. He serves clients in Tulsa and throughout Oklahoma, representing them against both private parties and governmental entities.
As a practicing attorney for over 30 years, Mr. Askew has argued many jury and bench trials at the state and federal levels. In addition to his trial experience, he has worked with arbitration and mediation, aimed at helping clients resolve their legal disputes outside of the courtroom. In addition to his private practice, he serves as a local municipal court judge.
Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Askew an AV Preeminent* peer review rating, reflecting high legal ability and ethical standards. He has been included on the American Registry’s “Top Attorneys in Oklahoma,” “Registry of Outstanding Professionals” and America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators.
Mr. Askew is a prominent member of his legal community. He belongs to the Tulsa County Bar Association, the Oklahoma Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute Products Liability Committee and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
In 1986, Mr. Askew graduated from Oklahoma State University with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. He earned his law degree from the University of Tulsa School of Law in 1990, where he belonged to the Energy Law Journal. He is licensed to practice law before all Oklahoma state and federal courts, various appellate courts and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Business/corporate, Civil litigation: defense, Transportation/maritime
Non-compete agreements, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Contracts, Transportation law
First Admitted: 1990, Oklahoma
Professional Webpage: https://riggsabney.com/profile/
- “Subrogation Potpourri” – Oklahoma Claims Association Fall Meeting, 2006
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, 2020
- America’s Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigators® for Oklahoma, 2019
- American’s Most Honored Professionals, 2019
- America’s Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- Named to the American Registry’s Top Attorneys in Oklahoma
- Ranked by Super Lawyers since 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Oklahoma State University , 1986
- Licensed Agent by the Major League Baseball Player's Association., 2020
- D&M Carriers, LLC dba Freymiller , 2021
- CRST, 2021
- American Board of Trial Advocates. ABOTA is a national association of experienced trial lawyers and judges. ABOTA and its members are dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the civil jury trial right provided by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. ABOTA membership consists of more than 7,600 lawyers—equally balanced between plaintiff and defense—and judges spread among 96 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. ABOTA is an invitation-only organization. Members must have at least five years of active experience as trial lawyers, have tried at least 10 civil jury trials to conclusion and possess additional litigation experience. Members must also exhibit the virtues of civility, integrity and professionalism by following our Code of Professionalism and Principles of Civility., 2021
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute – Products Liability Committee, Member
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel – Director, 1998-2001
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Insurance Section, Chair, 2001, 2001
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Motor Carrier Defense
Office location for Thomas M. Askew
502 West Sixth Street
Tulsa, OK 74119
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022