Casey R. Baxter
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Bend, OregonBaxter Harder, LLC
A co-founder of Baxter Harder, LLC, Casey R. Baxter focuses his practice entirely on criminal defense. Born and raised in Oregon, he works out of the firm’s office in Bend, and he represents clients throughout the surrounding areas and other parts of the state. Mr. Baxter has been admitted to practice before all Oregon state courts since 2011.
Mr. Baxter attended the University of Houston as an undergraduate and obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration summa cum laude in 2007. He then went on to pursue his legal education at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and he participated in the ABA Law Student Division National Appellate Advocacy Competition before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2010.
Mr. Baxter’s client base consists of people who have been charged by the state of Oregon with having committed misdemeanors or felonies. The types of cases that he has handled have included driving under the influence of alcohol, drug possession and distribution, Section 11 offenses such as murder, manslaughter, assault, and sexual abuse, domestic violence, and theft. Mr. Baxter has a record of success in obtaining positive results for his clients, whether through dismissals, acquittals, or the negotiation of favorable plea bargain agreements with the prosecution. This has led to a great deal of acclaim from his fellow members of the bar, including a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Baxter has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Baxter was a deputy district attorney at the Deschutes County District Attorney’s Office in Bend. His many professional memberships include the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, White Collar Crime
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 40% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 2011, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.baxterharder.com/our-team/casey-baxter/
- Associations & Memberships: Central Oregon Veteran's Outreach (COVO), Board Member, 2017 - Present, National Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2016 - Present, Bend Attorney Group, Board Member, 2016 - 2017, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 - Present, American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, Member, 2015 - Present, DUI Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 - Present, Deschutes County Bar Association, Member, 2012 - Present, Deschutes County District Attorney Association, President, 2014 - 2015, American Bar Association, Member, 2013 - 2015, Deschutes County District Attorney's Association, Treasurer/Secretary, 2013 - 2014, Land Use Law Society, Member, 2009 - 2010, Construction and Real Estate Law Society, Chairman, 2009 - 2010, ABA Moot Court Team, Member, 2008 - 2009, Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, President, 2005 – 2006
- Vice Chair, J Bar J Youth Services, Executive Board, Board Member, 2018 - Present
- Presiding Judge, Regional High School Mock Trial Competition
- Criminal Representation Clinic, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Lawyers of Distinction Award, 2019 - 2020
- Oregon Super Lawyers Rising Star Award 2019 - 2020
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, 2020
- Honors & Awards: 10 Best, 2015- 2020, Top 40 Under 40, 2016 - 2019, Avvo – Superb Top Attorney in Criminal Defense, Avvo Client’s Choice 2016 - 2020 in Criminal Defense
- Member, Moot Court Team, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- University of Houston, B.B.A. in Business Management, Honors: summa cum laude, President of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
Office location for Casey R. Baxter
400 SW Bond St
Bend, OR 97702
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2021