Top rated personal injury attorney in Bend, OregonHigh Desert Law, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Products liability; view more
Licensed in Oregon since: 2010
Education: The University of Maryland School of Law
High Desert Law, LLC716 NW Harriman St
Bend, OR 97701 Visit website
David Rosen is the current president-elect of the Oregon State Bar. He is a founding member and past chair of the Deschutes County Access to Justice Committee, the past president of the Oregon Law Foundation, and a past president of the Deschutes County Bar Association. David is honored to have been selected to the Oregon Super Lawyers list for the past several years.
Injury lawyer, David Rosen is the founder and owner of High Desert Law in Bend, Oregon. Licensed since 2008, he is a top-rated trial attorney with over 10 years of legal experience. Mr. Rosen devotes his practice solely to plaintiff personal injury law, also offering mediation and arbitration services for personal injury matters that are handled by other attorneys. Leveraging a well-rounded background in law, economics, and damage theories; David draws from this extensive legal experience to advocate for victims of motor vehicle collisions, bicycle and pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, product liability issues and other negligence. David has successfully negotiated, mediated, settled and arbitrated numerous cases with all the big insurance companies and established a reputation of combining fierce representation for his clients with a uniquely compassionate manner.
David began his legal career in 2001, working as an economist for a large, Washington, D.C. firm on the Department of Justice’s RICO case against the Tobacco companies. David would later be hired by that same firm as a summer associate and, upon graduation from law school, as an associate assisting in the representation of Fortune 500 companies in the fields of internet service providers, telecommunication companies, and major retailers of household goods.
In 2010 David returned to Central Oregon with his family, where he founded High Desert Law and has exclusively practiced personal injury law since 2011. While many civil attorneys seldom get to court, David has arbitrated and mediated injury and accident cases throughout a good deal of Oregon and tried cases to 12-person juries in Deschutes, Jackson, Josephine, and Klamath counties. His diverse background has served him well as a legal advocate for those in need.
Although we at High Desert Law understand that nothing can undo the emotional and physical trauma caused by a catastrophic accident, we work to minimize or eliminate the extraordinary financial burdens these incidents create for you and your family. If you have been injured, calling an injury lawyer – even if you do not end up hiring one – is almost always going to put you on a better path forward. Use our settlement calculator to compare costs and benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney.
Call (541) 306-6553 to schedule a free case review and take your first step on the path forward.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.high-desert-law.com/about-david-rosen/
- ThinkShout/Oregon Consumer Justice Portal Planning Committee, 2021-2022
- Oregon State Bar: Board of Governors, Region 1, 2021 to present; President-Elect, 2023; Policy and Governance Committee, 2021 - present; Chair 2023; Appellate Screening Committee, 2021 - present; Public Affairs Committee, 2021, 2023; Budget and Finance Committee, 2022
- Campaign for Equal Justice: Board of Directors 2021; Central Oregon Steering Committee, 2021-Present; Table Captain, 2013-Present
- Oregon Law Foundation, President Elect, 2020; President, 2021; Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- Deschutes County Bar Association: Board of Directors, Immediate Past President, 2015-2016; President, 2014-2015; Vice President, 2013-2014; Secretary, 2012-2013
- Oregon State Bar, Quality of Life Committee: Member, 2019 - 2022
- Oregon State Bar Uniform Civil Jury Instructions Committee: 2018-2020
- Deschutes County Access to Justice Committee: Chair and Founding Member, 2016-Present
- Oregon State Bar, Futures Task Force Innovations Committee: Appointee, 2016-2017
- City of Bend, Marijuana Technical Advisory Committee: Member, 2016
- Oregon Women Lawyers: Member, 2014-Present
- Deschutes County Arbitration Commission: Member, 2014
- Deschutes County Civil Bar Bench Committee: Member, 2014
- Oregon State Bar: House of Delegates Elected Delegate, 2012-2014, 2015-2019 County Bar President Delegate, 2014-2015
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association: Member 2011 - present
- American Association for Justice: Member 2011 - present
- Litigation Section, Oregon State Bar, Member 2010 - present
- Deschutes County Bar Association, Member 2010 - present
- American Bar Association: Member 2008 - present
- Super Lawyers: 2020, 2021, 2022, Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2017 and 2018, Super Lawyers
- Volunteer Contribution Acknowledgement, Campaign for Equal Justice
- Recognition for service as volunteer, Lawyer in the Library Program and Commitment to Access to Justice in Deschutes County, Deschutes County Circuit Court and Deschutes County Bar Association
- Full Merit Scholarship to Lawschool, Benjamin R. Civiletti Leadership Scholar, University of Maryland School of Law
- OTLA Wildfire Relief: Regional Director, 2020
- Through the Access to Justice Committee, in 2017 we created a Lawyer in the Library (LITL) program, which for the past two years has served up to ten individuals every week, providing free consultations to help participants with potential legal issues determine their appropriate next steps. The ATJ Committee recognizes that Access is not a one-size-fits-all problem. Since starting LITL, we have offered on-call Spanish interpreters and solicited input from community organizations to better understand how we can assure our program is accessible to all members of the community. The ATJ Committee has also reached out to partners in the legal community. We have worked with OSB to create opportunity to expand our volunteer roster by applying to become an OSB Certified program; our local lawyers regularly refer participants to the OSB Lawyer Referral Service and Modest Means; we have supported other counties who are interested in replicating the LITL program; and we have worked with the Oregon Judicial Department to create a pilot program to bring access to court documents to rural libraries. Our long-term view is that LITL and access to documents are programs to model and extend throughout the state. , 2017
- Saving Grace, 2010
- Legal Aid Services of Oregon, 2010
- Regarding lawyer wellness, as President of the Deschutes County Bar Association we created a Social Committee to facilitate both coffee hours and happy hours for the local bar. In addition to providing an opportunity for attorneys who may be adverse on a case to socialize, the coffee hours were particularly designed to engage newer attorneys and solo practitioners to provide a neutral atmosphere where attorneys may feel inclined to talk to more veteran colleagues. We originally worked with OAAP and PLF to engage counselors and practitioners at these coffee hours because we recognized that it was easier for a conversation to develop casually then to make a call to one of these organizations.
- I believe that finding a healthy work-life balance is perhaps the most challenging task of our careers. In my own work, I have focused on incorporating mindfulness-based practices and I teach some of this outside of my day job. In March last year, OAAP provided me with an opportunity to write an article on Breathwork. What came out of that for me is that not everyone has to be doing the same thing, but we are all working to incorporate more balance.
- Maryland State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Oregon State Bar
- U. S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Benjamin R. Civiletti Leadership Scholar at the University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts from University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1997
- Testimony, In Support of Increased Funding for Legal Aid, Restoring Court Staffing Levels, and Additional Judges in Counties with Significant Need, Joint Committee on Ways and Means, Oregon State Legislature, 2019., Testimony to Joint Committee on Ways and Means, 2019
- • Interviewee, Access to Legal Records in Rural Oregon, Oregon Public Broadcasting, Think Out Loud, 2019. , Legal Access in Rural Oregon, 2019
- Mindfulness Sua Sponte, Circuit Court Judges Association Conference, Presenter, 2022
- (OSB Quality of Life Committee) Oregon State Bar, Learning the Ropes Seminar, Speaker, 2020
- Bringing the Breath to Work, article on the benefits of Breathwork for Attorneys, Oregon Attorney Assistance Program, Author, 2018
- The Future of Legal Services in Oregon, Reports and Recommendations of the Innovations Committee, Futures Task Force, Oregon State Bar, Contributer, 2017
- Consumer Protection Update, ABA Committee on Consumer Protection, Presenter, 2009
- CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW DEVELOPMENTS, ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Contributer, 2009
- New Massachusetts Data Security Requirements Go Into Effect, Cyberspace Lawyer, Co-Author, 2008
- DATA SECURITY HANDBOOK, ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Contributer, 2008
Office location for David Rosen
716 NW Harriman St
Bend, OR 97701
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“I have referred several personal injury cases to David and I continue to do so because he cares about his clients and he obtains great results for them. David is active in our local and state bar associations, and he is doggedly committed to increasing access to justice in our community.”
“I have first hand knowledge of the care and expertise David devotes to his cases, and I have seen him achieve extraordinary results. I would trust David to handle my own case or those of my loved ones.”
“Dave is one of the sharpest personal injury lawyers I know. His dedication to clients and achieving the best results possible for is clients is second, to none. Few attorneys in our region have achieved what Dave has in such short order. I would proudly and confidently walk into Court with Dave as co-counsel, or as my lawyer.”