Joel J. Kent
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Bend, OR
Practice Emphasis: Family Law, Divorce, Custody, Modification of Spousal Support, Child Support, Adoption, Prenuptial Agreements, Guardianship, High Asset Dissolution and Business Valuation disputes.
To go to Joel's profile on SK&H's website please follow the below link.
Professional Experience: Joel has worked for Stahancyk, Kent & Hook, P.C. since 1994. He has litigated high asset and complex dissolution cases throughout the State of Oregon and successfully represented numerous clients in cases with business valuation issues, pre and post-nuptial property agreement disputes, complex custody disputes, support modifications and divorce. He has years of experience litigating divorces, involving business interests and issues of business valuation. Joel founded the Central Oregon office located in Bend in 1998. He has worked in counties across the state including counties in Southern Oregon, Central Oregon, the Portland Metro area and Eastern Oregon.
Education: Joel earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA. Joel also has a minor in Communications and Debate and received his Juris Doctorate from Seattle University in Seattle, WA.
Community Involvement: Joel believes that for everything he gets from the Central Oregon community, he must give back three times over, and the most important place to start is with community youth. Upon moving to Central Oregon, Joel began volunteering as a head coach with the Rimrock Volleyball Club and has coached the club's top volleyball teams ever since. Through the years, Joel’s creative and effective coaching techniques have garnered numerous accolades, including being named the 2016 Junior Olympic Male Coach of the Year. Joel's players have succeeded at a high level, including 7 High School Players of the Year, over 40 All-State players and 16 State Championships with their high schools. Most players continue to college, the majority on volleyball scholarships, which Joel takes time to help them secure. Alumni from his teams also include five Collegiate All-Americans, and the head coach at Eastern Oregon University.
Interests: Joel is an avid skier and road biker.
Awards: Joel was recognized as the 2006 – 2007 Central Oregon Legal Professionals Boss of the Year and received the Cascade Business News Accomplished Under 40 Award in 2007. His peers, recognizing his talents, have voted for him to be on the list of Oregon SuperLawyers in 2006 through 2018. This recognition includes being honored as a Top 50 Attorney in in Oregon for 2016, 2017 and 2018. Joel was also recognized as one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Oregon for 2017 according to the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
About Joel J. Kent
First Admitted: 1996, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.stahancyk.com/personnel/attorneys/joel-j-kent
- Joel is a member of the Family Law Section of the Oregon State Bar. He has been a member of the Central Oregon Matrimonial Attorneys for the last twelve years and the Inns of The Court since 1999. He has served on the Deschutes County Family Law Advisory Committee since 2007.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Joel is a pro-bono attorney on the Deschutes County Child Centered Solutions program representing children in high conflict cases.
- Joel is currently on the board of the Columbia Empire Volleyball Region, a member of USA Volleyball.
- Joel also enjoys coaching for the Rimrock Volleyball Club, a team of high school volleyball players from Central Oregon. , 1998
- Regardless of your attorney's hourly rate, you deserve more than just extraordinary legal services., It's All About You, Family Law
- University of Puget Sound, 1994
- Central Oregon Legal Professionals Boss of the Year, 2007
- Top 50 Lawyer in 2018 as published by the Oregon Super Lawyer publication., Top 50 Attorney, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Cascade Business News Accomplished Under 40 Award, 2007
- 10 Best Attorneys in Oregon, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Junior Olympic Outstanding Male Coach (USA Volleyball), 2016
Articles about Joel J. Kent appearing in Super Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/17/2022