Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Eugene, OregonBoender & Payment, Attorneys
Attorney Bryan Boender is a partner with the Boender & Payment, Attorneys, law firm in Eugene, Oregon. Regarded as one of the top trial attorneys in the region, Mr. Boender devotes his practice primarily to criminal defense and representing college students facing disciplinary hearings regarding code of conduct violations, including violations involving sexually related offenses. He also has extensive experience handling personal injury claims as well as advocating for the rights and entitlements of U.S. veterans.
In all cases, Mr. Boender is fully committed to protecting his clients' basic civil rights and liberties, and he has earned a reputation as a tenacious trial attorney who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those he serves.
A U.S. Army veteran himself, Mr. Boender holds a special regard for those who served our country, and he established one of the first free legal clinics in the state devoted exclusively to helping veterans in need.
While pursuing his legal degree, Mr. Boender served with the Oregon Army National Guard as a JAG-certified law clerk, where he prosecuted cases involving military justice violations. This experience provided him with a unique and invaluable insight that enables him to more effectively address and represent the legal needs of former service members.
After graduating from Seattle University in 1998, Mr. Boender attended Rutgers University, where he obtained a Master of Science in public policy in 2000. He then actively served with the 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division, completing a 15-month tour of duty in Afghanistan.
Following this, he returned to the United States and enrolled at the University of Oregon School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 2012. Selected as a Tillman Military Scholar by the Pat Tillman Foundation.
He received his license to practice from the Oregon State Bar in 2012, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2012, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.oregonattys.com/bryan-boender/
- Recognized by The Nicole Richardson Outstanding Pro Bono Service Award
- Recognizing significant career, leadership, and service contributions to the community, the School of Law, and the legal profession within the first 10 years following graduation, Outstanding Recent Alumni Award, University of Oregon School of Law, 2022
- Tillman Military Scholar
- Named an Eagleton Fellow to the Eagleton Institute of Politics, Rutgers University
- Certificates of completion in the Criminal Practice Program, the Pro Bono Law Program, and the Public Interest Public Service Law Program
- Seattle University, B.A., 1998
- Rutgers University, M.S.in public policy, 2000
- Founding Member of Free Veterans Legal Clinic. Providing pro bono legal services to military veterans since 2012., 2013
- Military Assistance Panel (Oregon State Bar)
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers, Author, Military Records & Witnesses: The Basics of the Privacy Act, FOIA, and Touhy regulations and their Application to Criminal Defense, Still at War: A guide for Defenders, Prosecutors & Judges Dealing with Oregon's Veteran Defendant Crisis, 2017
- Conference Speaker, Speaker, Defending the Complex Criminal Case, National Association of Legal Secretaries (NALS) of Oregon , 2021
- Oregon State Bar, Author, Getting Military Records and Witnesses Privacy Act, FOIA, and Touhy Requests, Rights of Veterans and Military Servicemembers (2017 edition), 2017
- Mission Possible: Defending Sex Cases 2019, Speaker, Joinder and Severance: Breaking Down the Indictment, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2019
- Death Penalty Defense Seminar: Trying Cases in Trying Times (CLE), Speaker, Defending Veterans: Making FOIA Requests and Other Practical Tips, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2016
Office location for Bryan Boender
800 Willamette St
Eugene, OR 97401
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2022