Laura A. Fine
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Eugene, OregonLaw Office of Laura A. Fine, P.C.
The Law Office of Laura A. Fine, P.C. is a boutique law practice owned and operated by attorney Laura A. Fine in Eugene, Oregon. Ms. Fine concentrates her practice on criminal defense and serves clients throughout Oregon with emphasis in Lane, Douglas, Linn, Polk and Benton Counties. She appears in Federal, State and Municipal Courts on felony and misdemeanor cases.
Ms. Fine holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Kansas and earned a law degree from the University of Kansas School of Law, where she was distinguished with the Arthur Hodgsen Excellence in Writing Award and was a National Moot Court Finalist. She has been licensed to practice law since 1988 and is licensed in Oregon and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Fine teaches at conferences and in seminars and has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Oregon School of Law teaching Criminal Law and Trial Skills. She is certified as a trial instructor by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and an twelve year veteran instructor at the annual Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Trial Skills College.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Fine has authored articles published in the Eugene Daily Emerald and has twice authored chapters in the Oregon State Bar Criminal Law Treatise. She belongs to the Lane County Bar Association, the Multnomah Bar Association, the Oregon State Bar, the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Ms. Fine served on the board of directors for the Maude Kerns Art Center and the Lane County Legal Aid and Advocacy Center. She participates in various pro bono activities, including establishing a free legal clinic for homeless youth in Lane County. These accomplishments have led to an AV Preeminent* rating from the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Criminal domestic violence
- 100% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1988, Oregon
Professional Webpage: http://www.laurafine.com
- Certified as a NITA Trial Advocacy Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 2008
- Instructor and presenter at the OCDLA Trial Skills Training Seminar, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyer Association, 2008 - Present, Organizer and Instructor
- Umpqua Forensic Firearms Academy, Firearms Concepts for the Courtroom, 2008
- Adjunct Law Professor, Criminal Defense, University of Oregon School of Law, 2004 - 2006
- Panelist, Women & Prison Conference, University of Oregon School of Law, 2003
- "Defending the Domestic Violence Case", Legal Education Seminar, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyer Association, 1998
- Adjunct Law Professor, Trial Advocacy, University of Oregon School of Law, 1996
- Presenter, The New Stalking Law, Oregon State Bar Family Law Conference, Oregon State Bar, 1995
- Criminal Law - Stop and Frisk, Volume I of The Oregon State Bar Criminal Law Treatise, 2013
- Criminal Law - Stop and Frisk, Volume I of The Oregon State Bar Criminal Law Treatise, 2005
- Defending the Domestic Violence Case, The Oregon Defense Attorney, 2004
- Eugene Police Overzealously Administer Zero Tolerance, Eugene Daily Emerald, February 27, 2004
- Crimes Mean Prison Time; Violations Lead to Paying Fines, Eugene Daily Emerald, December 3, 2003
- The New Stalking Law, Oregon State Bar Family Law Division Newsletter, 1995
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Capital Defenders
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Maude Kerns Art Center, Member, Board of Directors, 1989 - 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2003
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Life Member, Education Committee
- Lane County Bar Association
- Lane County Law & Advocacy Center, Member, Board of Directors
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1991
- Oregon State Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- CJA, Panel Attorney, 2003 - Present
- Oregon Racing Commissioner: Appointed by two Oregon Governors to Serve on the Oregon Racing Commission to Adjudicate and Administrate Horse and Dog Racing in Oregon, 1993 - 2001
- Created and Staffed Monthly Volunteer Law Clinic at Looking Glass New Roads Homeless Youth Center; Subsequently Secured Funding to Hire a Half Time Attorney to Assume the Position, 2003 - 2007
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, B.S. in Political Science, 1984
- National Semi-Finalist, ATLA Moot Court Competition, University of Kansas School of Law, 1986, 1987
- For 24 years of service on the Board of Directors., Certificate of Appreciation, Lane County Legal Aid & Advocacy Center, 2016
- "Top Lawyer" Award, The Global Directory of Who's Who., 2017
- Recipient, Arthur Hodgson Excellence in Writing Award, University of Kansas School of Law, 1987
- Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2014
- Defending the accused in Oregon criminal courts. Of Counsel to Oregon AFSCME Labor Union for Law En
Office location for Laura A. Fine
541 Willamette Street
Eugene, OR 97401
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022