Robert D. Lowry
Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Eugene, OR
A highly-regarded civil trial attorney, Robert D. Lowry is the founder of his eponymous law firm. Located in Eugene, Oregon, he provides dedicated representation to companies and individuals throughout the area and other parts of the state. Admitted to practice in Oregon since 1980, Mr. Lowry is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 9th and Federal Circuits, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the Supreme Court of the United States. In addition, he is admitted to practice before several tribal courts.
Mr. Lowry primarily represents defendants in a variety of claims and lawsuits. The types of cases that he has handled in this regard have included medical malpractice, defective and dangerous products, and other types of personal injury and wrongful death litigation, construction defects, hospital and accountants negligence, bad faith and other insurance coverage disputes, and contract breaches and other general business disputes. Mr. Lowry has been able to obtain positive results for his clients, through bench and jury verdicts as well as through favorable settlements that he has negotiated out of court. His successful track record and his high degree of ethics have earned him a great deal of recognition from his fellow members of the bar, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Lowry attended the University of Oregon as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1971. He subsequently decided to pursue a legal education, and he returned to Eugene and enrolled at the University of Oregon School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1980. He has been an active participant in the Eugene Opera and several other civic organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 10%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 20%Construction Litigation: Business
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Native American Law
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Construction Defects, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Informed Consent
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2009, 2012 - 2022
About Robert D. Lowry
First Admitted: 1980, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-d-lowry-73263a36/
- Co-Author, The Archives of Environmental Health: "Pulmonary Fibrosis from Amorphous Silica Dust, a product of Silica Vapor" reporting the discovery of the extreme toxicity in humans of Amorphous Silica Dust in an industrial setting, previously considered to be harmless
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Inducted, Order of St. Maurice [Military]. Rotary International: Paul Harris Fellow Award, Lifesaving and Long-term support of deployed Troops. Biography, Super Lawyers since 2008
- Service contracts, contracts for the production of goods
- Insurance carriers and Self-Insureds over 30 years
- Effective generally in all Courts
- B.A. Biology, University of Oregon, 1971. Graduate School, Biology, 1971 - 1973
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Trustees, Ninth Judicial Courts Circuit Historic Society. Board, US District Court for Oregon, Attorney Admission Fund. Board of Trustees, Board Member, Eugene Opera. Board Chair [former], Member, March of Dimes, Eugene OR. Board Chair [former], Oregon Area Trauma Advisory Board ['ATAB-3']. Eagle Scout Advisory Board. Founder/Director, Principal, The Oregon Posse, long-term continuous donor of highest quality/ large quantity CARE packages to deployed Troops
- Tribal Courts
- US Courts of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- Chair and Member of all Lawyer Representatives, Ninth US Judicial Circuit. Board of Trustees, Ninth Circuit Historical Society. Chaired, Oregon State Bar Medical-Legal Committee. Chaired, Oregon Trauma Advisory Board: 'ATAB-3'. Panel Member, US Supreme Court Justices Sandra Day O'Conner and Stephen Breyer & 3 Judges of the Ninth Circuit at Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Admitted to Practice: United States Supreme Court; United States Courts of Appeals: Federal Circuit; Ninth Circuit; United States Court of Federal Claims; US District Court, Oregon; Oregon Supreme Court
- Judicial Law Clerk, Oregon Supreme Court Justices Ed Peterson, Edward Howell & Robert Campbell: 1980-1981. Order of St. Maurice, Inducted 2008. Rotary International: Paul Harris Fellow Awards : Lifesaving; Special Support of Deployed Troops.
- Highest 'A-V' Peer Reviewed Rating By Martindale-Hubbel; DRI -Construction; Propane Gas Defense Asso
Last Updated: 5/15/2022