Larry Nides Sokol
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Lake Oswego, OR
Larry Nides Sokol is the founder of Portland, Oregon-based Sokol & Associates, P.C. Helping clients throughout the state, Larry focuses his practice primarily on medical malpractice matters, representing both children and adults who have been harmed by the negligence of health care practitioners and facilities. Mr. Sokol also handles wrongful death litigation on behalf of family members who have lost a loved one as a result of such errors.
Few, if any lawyers in Oregon history have obtained as many sizeable plaintiff’s jury verdicts and settlements in Oregon. Throughout his almost 50 year career, Mr. Sokol has only represented plaintiffs. In recognition of both his track record and his high degree of ethics, Larry has received an AV peer rating *through Martindale-Hubbell for forty years. Mr. Sokol taught for years at Portland Community College and has served as a distinguished adjunct professor at Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland. He is an active participant in a variety of professional organizations, including several to which a lawyer must be elected: the American College of Trial Lawyers, and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is also a member of The American Association for Justice, the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association and National Trial Lawyers.
*AV®, AV preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Articles about Larry Nides Sokol appearing in Super Lawyers
About Larry Nides Sokol
First Admitted: 1972, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.sokolandassociateslaw.com/attorney/sokol-larry-n...
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2006 -2020
- Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Portland, OR
- AV, 5 out of 5, Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell for decades.
- Clerked for Chief Judge Oregon Court of Appeals, 1971 - 1972
- Distinguished Adjunct Professor, Lewis & Clark Law School, 1986.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Sigma Alpha Mu
- Lead counsel on successful litigation on behalf of 1000 Friends v. The Rajneeshees
- More than one hundred six and seven figure jury verdicts and settlements, including, for example, the largest verdict in Oregon history for a woman in a discrimination case. Mr. Sokol also secured the first verdict for a woman in an equal pay act case, one of the largest medical negligence verdicts ever in southern Oregon, and one of the first medical negligence verdicts in Clackamas County, Clatsop County, etc.
- Oregon Environmental Council v. Kunzman, 614 F.Supp.657, 1985, D. Or., 1985140360 (nationwide injunctions prohibiting aerial broadcast of phenoxy herbicides)
- Huge collection of published works and lectures - presented Oregon State Bar President’s Award for outstanding volunteer service for writings and lectures.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Major in Art
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Oregon, 1972
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon
- United States Supreme Court
Last Updated: 2/1/2022