Michael T. Wise
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Lake Oswego, OR
Attorney Michael T. Wise is a partner with Wise & Townsend, PC, law firm in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Nationally ranked as among the preeminent lawyers in the country, Mr. Wise has more than 28 years of experience. He provides exceptional counsel and support to clients in Portland and surrounding areas as well as all across Washington, Clackamas and Multnomah counties who have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his career handling all types of serious personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Wise has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients. Prior to starting his own practice, he worked as an associate with a prominent area law firm, where he handled business and injury litigation, and he also served with the Douglas County District Attorney's Office, where he tried more than 40 misdemeanor and felony cases.
Along with personal injury, Mr. Wise also handles corporate law and incorporation services as well as commercial litigation. Known as a staunch and tireless advocate for those he serves, he has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo as well as the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
An impeccable professional, he also is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers, including a Top 100 Trial Lawyer designation from the National Trial Lawyers as well as a Top Attorney in Oregon designation from Portland Monthly.
A 1987 graduate of the University of Oregon with degrees in political science and business, Mr. Wise returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor with an emphasis on business law from the University of Oregon School of Law in 1992.
He is admitted to practice in Washington state and Oregon as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and for the Western District of Washington. He has also served as president of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, and he is a member of its board. He is also a member of many other local, state and national legal organizations, and he has written extensively and conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Michael T. Wise
First Admitted: 1992, Oregon
Professional Webpage: http://www.wiseattorneys.com/attorneys-staff/michael-t-wise/
Pro bono/Community Service
- JOIN board member. Doernbecher Children's Hospital. Casa. March of Dimes. St. Andrews Legal Clinic
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Barton's Litigation Boot Camp. Oregon Trial Advocacy College. Multnomah Bar Association Judicial Selection Committee
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (Board member and Executive Committee member), Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, American Association of Justice (Board Member, State Delegate, PAC member), Public Justice Association, OSB – Oregon State Bar (License No. 925069), OTLA – Oregon Trial Lawyers Association – Past President, AAJ – American Association for Justice – State Delegate, ABA – American Bar Association, MBA – Multnomah Bar Association, U.S. District Court – Oregon, WSBA – Washington State Bar Association (License No. 22667), WSAJ – Washington Association for Justice, CCB – Clark County Bar, U.S. District Court – Washington
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Science, Political Science & Business
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (Governor, AAJ state representative, Executive Committee member, Guardian). American Association for Justice, Board of Governor. Martindale-Hubbell AV rated. The American Trial Lawyers Association - Top 100 Trial Attorneys. Barton's Litigation Boot Camp graduate.
- Individuals injured by others, either by personal injury or business torts. Many small business owners, and many builders and developers in particular.
- I have written articles on jury selection for OTLA and lectured on the topic many times (OTLA, WSTLA, Oregon Trial Advocacy College, AAJ, etc.)
- Closely held business disputes. Breach of contract cases. Corporate formation and representation. Mergers and acquisitions.
- 1998 personal injury/watercraft settlement ($75,000). 2000 premises liability settlement ($500,000). 2000 first-party insurance dispute (settled first day of trial for policy limits). 2001 premises liability settlement ($399,000). 2001 wrongful death settlement ($135,000). 2001 personal injury/auto settlement ($95,000). 2002 personal injury/auto settlement ($100,000). 2002 husband & wife personal injury/auto (trial verdict $1,010,000). 2002 personal injury/auto settlement ($207,500). 2003 personal injury/products liability settlement ($117,500). 2003 professional malpractice verdict ($250,000). 2004 wrongful death settlement ($52,500). 2004 wrongful death judgment ($2,000,000). 2005 personal injury settlement ($100,000). 2005 assault/battery settlement ($455,000). 2006 personal injury/auto settlement ($1,250,000). 2006 personal injury/pedestrian v. auto settlement ($100,000). 2006 personal injury/pedestrian v. auto settlement ($250,000). 2007 wrongful death settlement ($100,000). 2007 products liability settlement ($87,500). 2007 personal injury/auto settlement ($192,000). 2007 employment/discrimination settlement ($342,000). 2007 personal injury/fall from elevator settlement ($170,000). 2008 personal injury settlements ($170,000). 2008 personal injury/dog bite settlement ($200,000). 2009 products liability settlement $2,550,000). 2009 personal injury/fall settlement ($200,000). 2009 husband & wife personal injury/auto settlements ($144,975). 2010 breach of contract jury verdict (vs. David Markowitz) for $1,200,000, plus attorney fees. 2010 personal injury/car collision settlement for $700,000. 2010. 2010 wrongful death settlement (amount confidential), 1998
- American Association Of Justice - Governor And State Delegate
- Multnomah Bar Association Member
- Oregon Trial Lawyer Association - Governor And Officer
- Washington Trial Lawyer Association Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022