Richard W. Funk
Top rated Family Law attorney in Medford, OregonMerrill O'Sullivan LLP
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Oregon since: 1986
Education: Lewis & Clark Law School
Merrill O'Sullivan LLP107 E Main St
Medford, OR 97501 Visit website
Focusing his practice on divorce and other family law matters, Richard W. Funk is an attorney at Merrill O’Sullivan, LLP. With offices in Medford and Bend, he provides representation to clients throughout those and other portions of the state of Oregon.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Funk attended Western Illinois University, where he majored in history and received academic honors before receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 1970. After deciding several years later to pursue a legal education, he enrolled at the Northwestern School of Law at Lewis & Clark College, and in 1986, he was awarded his Juris Doctor. Mr. Funk has been admitted to practice before all Oregon state courts since that year.
A significant portion of Mr. Funk’s practice is devoted to his representation of people whose marriages are coming to an end. He works with them on such matters as the division of complex marital assets and debts, spousal and child support, and child custody and visitation. Mr. Funk is, often, able to help them come to an accord on some or all of these issues through his experience in handling sensitive negotiations, but when that proves to be unworkable and litigation becomes necessary, he is a forceful courtroom advocate on their behalf.
Mr. Funk also has extensive experience in the preparation and review of prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and he has delivered presentations on that subject to groups of fellow attorneys. His family law experience has additionally encompassed helping clients who have already gotten divorced and who are now seeking to have existing support or parenting orders modified or enforced, and he has also handled adoptions as well as paternity disputes. Highly regarded by his colleagues, Mr. Funk has received a 10.0 peer review rating through Avvo.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1986, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://mosattorneys.com/attorneys/richard-funk/
- Who’s Who in Law, 2011 - present
- Top Attorney in Oregon Family Law, 2011 - present
- Super Lawyers, 2010 - present
- Drafting Pre-Nuptial Agreement, OSB, 1991
- Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois B.A. in History, Dean’s List, 1970
- Board of Director of Bend Golf and Country Club 2014 - 2016 President Woodhaven Country Club 2019-2021, 2014
- Oregon State Bar, Family Law Section, Executive Committee, 2008 – 2021, 2021
- President of the Oregon State Bar Family Law Section, 2010
- Vice President, Oregon Academy of Family Law Practitioners, 2004 – 2008
- Member of the Oregon State Family Law Advisory Committee, 2012
Office location for Richard W. Funk
107 E Main St
Medford, OR 97501
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2021