Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Portland, OregonLaw Office of J. Clay McCaslin, PC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation; view more
Licensed in Oregon since: 2004
Education: Tulane University Law School
Law Office of J. Clay McCaslin, PC1211 SW 5th Ave
Portland, OR 97204 Visit website
Attorney J. Clay McCaslin is the founder and principal of the Law Office of J. Clay McCaslin in Portland, Oregon. A top-rated trial lawyer with nearly 25 years of total legal experience, Mr. McCaslin provides unmatched counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Portland metro and surrounding areas who have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Along with handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. McCaslin has extensive experience handling business litigation and creditor-debtor disputes as well as insurance law matters and civil rights claims. No matter the issues his clients face, he provides highly personalized counsel to help them make the best-informed decisions as he fights aggressively to obtain the favorable results they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
In honor of his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. McCaslin has earned consistent top ranking and endorsements from his peers, and he has gained a designation as being among the top 5% of trial lawyers in his region. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1995 magna cum laude graduate of Birmingham-Southern College, Mr. McCaslin attended Tulane University Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2001. While in law school, he served as articles editor of the Tulane Law Review, and he published an article analyzing a controversial case involving indefinite detention of permanent resident aliens.
Mr. McCaslin holds his license to practice in Texas and Louisiana as well as Oregon, and he is an active member of the Oregon State Bar, the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Multnomah Bar Association and the American Association for Justice, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, General Litigation
Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.mccaslinfirm.com/j-clay-mccaslin/
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.A. in English Literature, Minor: Classical Guitar, Honors: magna cum laude, 1995
- “My Jailor is My Judge: Kestutis Zadvydas and the Indefinite Imprisonment of Permanent Resident Aliens by the INS”, 75 Tulane Law Review. 93 (2000)
- Articles Editor, Tulane Law Review, Tulane University Law School
- “Video Camera Portrayed as Weapon, Framing a Police Case”, Trial Lawyer Magazine, Summer 2011 (The quarterly Journal of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association)
- Waterhouse v. Frashour
- American Association for Justice
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas, 2001
- Louisiana, 2002
- Oregon, 2004
Office location for Clay McCaslin
1211 SW 5th Ave
Portland, OR 97204
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023