Daniel S. Margolin
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Portland, OR
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012
Focusing his practice exclusively on family law matters, Daniel S. Margolin was a founding partner at Stephens & Margolin LLP and now is the founder of Margolin Family Law PC. From the firm’s offices in his native city of Portland, Oregon, he represents clients throughout the greater metropolitan area. Mr. Margolin has been admitted to practice before all Oregon state courts since 2002, and he was admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon in the following year.
The primary portion of Mr. Margolin’s practice involves his representation of people who are facing the end of their marriages. At the outset, he explains the provisions of Oregon law that cover child custody and visitation, spousal and child support, and the division of marital assets and debts. Because of his training and experience in mediation and collaborative law, Mr. Margolin is often able to help his clients come to an accord on these matters through those less-adversarial methods of alternative dispute resolution. However, where that is not possible, he advocates forcefully on their behalf before family court judges.
In addition to his divorce litigation practice, Mr. Margolin has prepared and reviewed prenuptial and postmarital agreements, filed and argued appeals at the Oregon Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, works in the Collaborative Divorce model and he has assisted clients whose marriages have previously been legally dissolved and who want to have existing support or parenting court orders modified or enforced. His successful track record has earned him a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo and other positive recognition from his fellow attorneys.
Mr. Margolin is frequently asked to deliver presentations on family law topics to continuing legal education attendees and other groups, and he has had several articles published. He is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, and the New York University School of Law.
- 90%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Appeals
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012
About Daniel S. Margolin
First Admitted: 2002, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.margolinfamilylaw.com/about
- Deborah Leigh Lampkins v. Sarah Littell, A140561
Pro bono/Community Service
- Panel Member, CLE for pro bono Law fair Regarding Representing Children, 2011
- Volunteer for Legal Aid representing clients in Restraining Order Proceedings.
- Member, Family Law Sections, American Bar Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar
- MBA CLE Committee, 2013
- Member, Family Law Section, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- University of California Berkeley - Philosophy, 1997
- Presented update on Oregon Appellate cases and rule updates regarding family law., CLE Presenter, Annual Appellate Update, Oregon Law Foundation, 2010
- Divorce and Separations Can Send Pets Into Legal Limbo, September 21, 2009
- Moderator, Family Law Judicial Panel, 2011
- CLE chapters for the Oregon State Bar
- Oregon Bar Association's, Family Law Newsletter in December of 2009
- Kaine Horman Asks Court to Have Estranged Wife Pay Half of His Attorney Fees - July 28, 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022