David K. Miller
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Portland, OregonMiller & Wagner LLP
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury
Licensed in Oregon since: 1982
Education: University of Oregon School of Law
Miller & Wagner LLP2210 NW Flanders Street
Portland, OR 97210 Visit website
Attorney David K. Miller is a partner with Miller & Wagner, LLP, law firm, which has law offices in Portland and Eugene, Oregon. A seasoned trial attorney with more than 38 years of total legal experience, Mr. Miller focuses his practice almost exclusively on medical malpractice, and he provides unmatched advocacy and support to individuals and families suffering needlessly as a result of the negligence and wrongdoing of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals.
For the first 18 years of his legal career, Mr. Miller worked to defend medical professionals and medical providers against medical malpractice claims in courts across the state. He then shifted his focus to plaintiff representation, and his past experience as a malpractice defense attorney provides him with a unique and invaluable insight that helps him devise the most effective strategies possible for injured patients and their families.
Since advocating on behalf of patients, Mr. Miller has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for those he has served, and he has gained a reputation as a fierce advocate for his clients who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes on their behalf. Although he has handled all types of medical malpractice claims, he holds the distinction of having handled more birth injury and spinal cord surgery cases than any other lawyer in Oregon.
A leader in his field, Mr. Miller has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics related to medical malpractice law and other subjects. He has also served on a number of committees for various medical associations, and he has testified before the Oregon legislature on issues that affect the health care industry and medical malpractice litigation. He also has in-depth knowledge of obstetrics and neonatal medicine, which is a great asset to him and his clients during medical malpractice litigation.
A 1978 graduate of the University of Oregon, Mr. Miller returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Oregon School of Law in 1982. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, and he holds pro hac vice admission to practice before federal courts in Washington and Idaho.
Mr. Miller is an active member of the Multnomah Bar Association as well as with the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. He is also a member of the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel and the Oregon State Bar, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1982, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.miller-wagner.com/attorneys/david-k-miller/
- University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, Bachelor of Science, Major: History, 1978
- American College of Trial Lawyers, October 23, 2004 – Present
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, 1982 – Present
- Multnomah County, Young Lawyers Section, Director, 1984
- Oregon State Bar, 1982
- Oregon State Bar, Member, Committee on Continuing Legal Education Co-Planner, 1984 – 1987
- Torts and Ins. Practice Section, Member, Committee on Trial Practice, 1983 – 1984
- Multnomah Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1983
- Attorney Fees Publication on New Legislation, 1983
- The Oregon Medical Association (OMA), Lecturer
- The Enforcement Procedures of the National College Athletic Association: An Abuse of the Student-Athletes Right to Reasonable Disc. 1 Arizona St. Journal 1133, 1982
- Oregon Hospital Risk Management Association, Lecturer
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG), Lecturer
- Oregon Anesthesia Group (OAG), Lecturer
- Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU), Lecturer
Office location for David K. Miller
2210 NW Flanders Street
Portland, OR 97210
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023