Eric D. Wilson
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Portland, OregonOregon Employment Law
Eric D. Wilson is the founding attorney at Oregon Employment Law, located in Portland, Oregon. With over 15 years of experience practicing law, he represents employee clients against their employers. The types of cases he handles include sexual harassment, disability discrimination, medical leave retaliation, whistleblower retaliation, injured worker retaliation, pregnancy discrimination and wage theft.
Mr. Wilson is mindful of the emotional and psychological consequences of harassment and discrimination cases. He is empathetic and takes on each case with a compassionate approach. He has considerable experience fighting to bring justice for his employee clients and has an unwavering commitment to their needs. He provides the necessary support and empowerment his clients need while they go against their supervisors or co-workers.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree from Skidmore College, Mr. Wilson earned his Juris Doctor with Order of the Coif honors from the University of Oregon School of Law, graduating in the top 5% of his class. After which, he worked at some of Oregon’s prominent employment law firms.
Mr. Wilson is admitted to practice throughout the state of Oregon, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. He has extensive experience representing clients through trial, mediation and arbitration before the Bureau of Labor & Industries (BOLI) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Mr. Wilson’s published work includes Hope for Hanford Downwinders: The Ninth Circuit's Ruling in In re Hanford Nuclear Reservation Litigation. He is an ardent speaker and has lectured at Lane Powell's 25th Annual Labor and Employment Seminar about "The Lowdown on Leave: Oregon's New Domestic Violence Leave Law, Changes to OFLA, Breaking Developments Under FMLA and Other Leave Laws."
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Wage & hour laws, Sexual harassment
- 90% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 2004, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.oregonemploymentlaw.com/attorney/wilson-eric-d/
- Twice voted by his peers as a "Rising Star” in Oregon employment law
- Hope for Hanford Downwinders: The Ninth Circuit's Ruling in In re Hanford Nuclear Reservation Litigation, 82 Or Law Rev 581, 2003
- "The Lowdown on Leave: Oregon's New Domestic Violence Leave Law, Changes to OFLA, Breaking Developments Under FMLA and Other Leave Laws.", Lane Powell's 25th Annual Labor and Employment Seminar, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Oregon
- Skidmore College, B.A., 1993
Office location for Eric D. Wilson
1 SW Columbia St
Portland, OR 97258
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2008, 2012