Erin K. Morris
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Portland, OR
- Virtual Appointments
A partner at the Portland, Oregon firm of Morris Stannard & Batalden Family Law PC, Erin K. Morris focuses her practice exclusively in the areas of Oregon divorce and family law matters. Erin Morris has been admitted to practice before all Oregon State courts since 2012, and in Washington State since 2018, and has over nine years of experience exclusively in Oregon family law practice and litigation.
Ms. Morris handles a variety of family law matters for her clients. Chief among these involve divorce and related issues of custody and parenting time, the division of what are often complex marital assets and financial obligations, as well as issues surrounding child and spousal support. Ms. Morris also regularly provides court-appointed pro bono representation for children who are the subject of high-conflict custody and parenting time battles.
Erin Morris works with her clients to identify their primary goals and needs and fashions her advocacy with those client goals in mind. When litigation proves necessary, she advocates fiercely on behalf of her clients in the courtroom, but she is also able to help many of her clients come to an amicable resolution through taking the lead in settlement negotiations and mediated conflict resolution.
Ms. Morris also regularly prepares and reviews prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and her family law caseload has additionally included helping clients post-divorce who are now seeking modification of an existing child or spousal support order or modification or enforcement of parenting time and custody orders. Ms. Morris's practice also includes the representation of grandparents, step parents, and other third party caregivers pursuing custody and visitation rights with children as well as contested or stipulated guardianship proceedings for minor children in Oregon.
Ms. Morris majored in political science as an undergraduate at the University of San Francisco, and in her senior year, she spent a semester as a visiting student with American University in Washington D.C. studying international relations and legal systems before returning to California and receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 2007 (cum laude). Ms. Morris subsequently enrolled at Willamette University College of Law, and in 2012, she was awarded her Juris Doctor.
About Erin K. Morris
First Admitted: 2012, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.msbfamilylaw.com/about-us
Pro bono/Community Service
- I currently represent minor children on a pro-bono basis who are the subjects of high-conflict divorce and domestic relations cases. I maintain a caseload of at least two active pro-bono children's representation cases at a time.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude - University of San Francisco (2007), 2007
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Voted one of the "10 Best Attorneys - Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service" by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys for 2017 and 2018, 2017
- Selected to the 2020 Oregon Rising Stars list, an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. Only 2.5% of attorneys in Oregon receive this distinction., 2020 "Rising Star" - Oregon Family Law, SuperLawyers Magazine, 2020
- Awarded the distinction of Top 10 Family Law Attorneys for the State of Washington in 2019 by Attorney and Practice Magazine., Top 10 Family Law Attorneys for the State of Washington, Attorney and Practice Magazine, 2019
- Awarded distinction of "10 Best Attorneys - Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service" for 2017-2018 by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys., 10 Best Attorneys - Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018
- Awarded distinction of "10 Best Attorneys - Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service" for 2019 by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys., 10 Best Attorneys - Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- Honored as one of 2019's Top Young Attorneys in the State of Oregon by Portland Monthly, Oregon's Top Young Attorneys, Portland Monthly, 2019
- Recipient of the "10 Best Attorneys Award - Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service" in 2017 and 2018. , "10 Best Attorneys" Award, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
- Committee Member - Multnomah County Bar Association: Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2021
- Member of the Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington County Bar Associations as well as the Clark County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2012
- Admitted to the practice of Law in Washington State, 2017
- A review of the many ways in which Covid-19 has changed the practice of Family Law in the State of Oregon., Author, Custody Quagmire: Covid 19 Has Forced Family Law Attorneys to Adjust, Oregon State Bar Bulletin - June 2021, Legal, 2021
- Today I’m talking with Erin Morris from Portland, Oregon. Erin is a partner at Morris, Stannard, & Batalden Family Law PC. From the beginning, Erin sought out and obtained valuable experiences in law school. And, as you will hear, she has always been drawn to being the person who is called on in times of distress, which explains how she has thrived in her family law practice. Wanting more control over her brand and expectations for her firm, Erin started her own law firm last year during the pandemic. Once you hear her story, I think you’ll agree with me that Erin’s story is an admirable one and it’s really just beginning. Please enjoy., Featured Attorney Guest, Women In Law - On The Record (Podcast), Podcast, Legal, 2021
- Presenters Include: The Honorable Keith Raines, The Honorable Susan Svetkey, Attorney Erin K. Morris, and Attorney Greg Soriano. Presentation addresses the value of utilizing a lawyer in representing children, how these lawyers are utilized, and review appointment systems in place in different jurisdictions., Guest Lecturer - State Family Law Advisory Committee 2021 Family Law Conference, "Attorneys for Children: How and Why" , State Family Law Advisory Committee, Legal, 2021
- In a time when working parents, and especially working mothers, are stretched beyond measure, Justice Ginsburg's extraordinary life and contributions to the promise of equal justice, fragile and receding as it may be, calls us back to the work that remains. , Author, Mourning the Extraordinary Ruth Bader Ginsburg, The Statesman Journal - Guest Opinion , Law, Politics, 2020
- Presented an hour-long continuing legal education lecturer for the Clark County Bar Association regarding the legal requirements of Oregon's mandatory reporting requirements for child and elder abuse. This presentation included a discussion of the jurisdictional differences between mandatory reporting for Oregon and Washington attorneys, Presenter, Continuing Legal Education Presentation: Oregon Mandatory Reporting Requirements for Elder and Child Abuse, Legal, 2018
- Presented continuing legal education seminar for family law paralegal professionals on drafting Oregon family law pleadings and assisting with motions practice, Lecturer - Oregon Family Law Practice for Paralegals, Faculty, Oregon Family Law Practice for Paralegals, Legal, 2020
Last Updated: 5/15/2022