Top Rated Health Care Attorney in Portland, OR
Admitted to practice in Oregon and Washington, Grant Engrav is the founder of his own law firm that is located in Portland. Representing clients throughout the metropolitan area, his practice encompasses employment law, business transactions and litigation, and a variety of health care matters. Mr. Engrav formed the Engrav Law Office in April 2016 after serving as associate in-house counsel for a private company.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Engrav provides advice and counsel to businesses of all sizes. The types of work that he has handled includes defending against claims of discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination. Mr. Engrav's experience in this area of the law has also encompassed the preparation and review of employee manuals as well as employment and noncompete agreements, and he has additionally handled wage and hour disputes, independent contractor misclassification claims, and Family and Medical Leave Act matters.
Mr. Engrav also represents clients who are looking to start a new business, and at the outset he advises them as to the most appropriate form of legal entity to use for the venture. Thereafter, his work includes transactions, the drafting of contracts and litigation in the event of a dispute. In his health care practice, Mr. Engrav represents practitioners and facilities in matters regarding compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and other regulations, and he has represented clients in proceedings before the Oregon Medical Board.
Mr. Engrav attended the University of Hartford, where he was a member of the school's varsity soccer team and was the student government president before graduating summa cum laude in 2010. His legal education was obtained at Creighton University School of Law, and he served on the Creighton Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2013.
About Grant Engrav
First Admitted: 2013, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://engravlawoffice.com/about/grant_engrav/
Pro bono/Community Service
- President of Echelon, the Young Professional Board with the Salvation Army
- Legal Aid Services
- Victim Rights Law Center
- Big Brothers and Sisters
- Recipient of the Oregon New Lawyer’s Division2016 Public Service Award
- Creighton University School of Law, Cum Laude, Creighton Negotiations Champion 2010, Negotiations Cali Award 2013, Health Care Law Cali Award 2013
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon Physical Therapists in Private Practice, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Oregon Employment Section, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Health Law Section, Member
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA), Member
- Big Network Committee, Founder, Current President of the Board, 2016
- Washington State Bar
- Editorial Staff, Creighton Law Review, Creighton University School of Law
- Speaker, “Selecting Your Entity” at the Portland Mercado
- Panelist and Moderator, Northwest Food Processors Association Food and Beverage Expo: Presented information on Employment Law and HR management to members of the food, beverage, and hospitality industry
- Guest Lecturer, Pacific University School of Physical Therapy
- University of Hartford, Summa Cum Laude, Student Government President
- Health Care
Last Updated: 5/15/2022