Hala J. Gores
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Portland, OR
- Free Consultation
Hala J. Gores founded her law firm over 30 years ago. She is one of the top-rated personal injury attorneys in Oregon. Hala J. Gores focuses her practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Based in Portland, Oregon, she represents people throughout the state, and she has been admitted to practice before all Oregon state courts since 1989. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
Ms. Gores served as President of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association in 2012-2013. She has written several articles and presented to numerous organizations on trial practice and personal injury law. Ms. Gores’s client base is made up of people who have been harmed as a result of the negligence or recklessness of other parties, including corporations and government entities. Her cases have included auto-pedestrian accidents, dram shop liability, truck and other motor vehicle crashes, defective products, slips and falls and other premises liability claims, aviation accidents, animal attacks, and nursing home abuse and neglect. She has been successful in obtaining significant compensation for her plaintiff clients, through both jury verdicts after a trial and negotiated settlements. Ms. Gores’s track record along with her high degree of professional ethics have earned her an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, which is an indication of the high regard in which she is held by her colleagues.
Ms. Gores’s legal education was obtained at Lewis & Clark Law School, and she was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1987. Prior to law school, she attended Portland State University, and she received a Bachelor of Science with highest honors in 1983. She has served on the board of governors of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, and she participates in other professional organizations as well, including the American Association for Justice and the Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Hala J. Gores
First Admitted: 1989, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.goreslaw.com/biography.php
- Oregon's Minority Delegate to the American Trial Lawyers Association
- President's Circle of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- Member, American Civil Liberties Union
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Past Chair, Women's Caucus- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Past President, Portland Area Business Association
- Member, Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court since 1989
- Past Chair, Multnomah Bar Association Committee to Advance Equality in the Profession and Justice in the System
- Member, President's Circle, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Oregon State Bar since 1989
- "AV" rating by the Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory
- B.S., Portland State University, 1983
- Hala Gores is a lawyer on the side of people. For over 30-years she has devoted her practice to helping victims of serious injuries and families who lost loved ones as a result of negligence. Hala is Past President of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association and served as Oregon’s minority delegate to the American Trial Lawyers Association. Hala was named winner of the Public Justice Award (2015) and was the recipient of the Multnomah Bar Association Diversity Award (2019). Hala is a Master in the Owen M. Panner Inn of Court and serves on the Inn’s executive committee. She is co-founder and first president of the Arab American Cultural Center of Oregon. Hala was recently inducted into the Melvin Belli Society. She holds an AV Preeminent rating, the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards by Martindale-Hubbell®. Hala is an author and frequent speaker on personal injury law, 1987
- Hala Gores Interview, Hala Gores Interview, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022