J. William Savage
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Portland, OregonThe Savage Law Firm
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury, Products liability; view more
Licensed in Oregon since: 1977
Education: Lewis & Clark Law School
The Savage Law Firm620 SW 5th Avenue
Portland, OR 97204 Visit website
A personal injury attorney at The Law Office of William J. Savage, based in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington, J. William Savage has been practicing law for over four decades, entirely focusing on representing those who suffered severe injuries and trauma due to:
· Medical and dental malpractice
· Birth injury
· Delayed or incorrect diagnosis
· Truck and other motor vehicle accidents
· Brain injury
· Sexual abuse
· Dangerous premises
· Defective motor vehicles and medical devices
· Pharmaceutical drugs
Steadfast and compassionate, Mr. Savage builds a strong case after grasping the full impact of an incident on his clients’ daily life and future goals. He is highly regarded for his ability to vividly demonstrate the struggles of the victims and their families behind every case, helping the judges and the opposition see beyond the proof. Besides obtaining verdicts and settlements over millions of dollars, he is most proud of helping people who have trusted him with their problems.
Mr. Savage was conferred with a Juris Doctor at Lewis & Clark Law School in 1977. Before his law degree, he completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Washington. He attended Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College at the Thunderhead Ranch in Wyoming in 1999, a unique, personal and professional learning experience only a select few lawyers gained. He is a member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
In addition to representing clients in the state and federal courts of Oregon and all state courts in Washington, Mr. Savage appears before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Savage has been honored with an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell, one of the nation’s most prominent attorney peer rating services. He devotes his time to serving Justice Advocacy Africa as an instructor, providing professional trial advocacy training to African lawyers in order to promote trust and respect for the legal system in African countries.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 70% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1977, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://savagelawyer.com/attorneys/j-william-savage/
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Oregon; Washington; U.S. District Court District of Oregon; U.S. District Court Western District of Washington; U.S. Bankruptcy Court Oregon; U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law, AV Rating, AV Rating, Top Professional Rating, from Martindale-Hubble (Bill Savage)
- AV Rating, Top Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubble
- 1973 - University of Washington, B.A. 1977 - Lewis and Clark Law School, J.D.
Office location for J. William Savage
620 SW 5th Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023