Top rated civil litigation attorney in Portland, OregonGraves & Swanson LLC
Attorney Jacqueline Swanson is a partner with Graves & Swanson LLC law firm in Portland, Oregon. A top-ranked and award-winning trial lawyer with more than seven total years of legal experience, Ms. Swanson has gained a reputation as a leading advocate for the victims of sexual assault, rape, childhood sexual abuse and other crimes.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Swanson served as an advocate for sexual abuse victims with several nonprofits, and this experience has helped shape her practice as an attorney. At all turns, she delivers holistic and comprehensive assistance to victims of sexual crimes and violence, and she has gained a reputation for deftly and compassionately guiding them through the legal system in order to help them pursue the justice they deserve.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Swanson has earned consistent recognition as being among the top 2.5% of lawyers in her region, and she received a Certificate of Achievement for the number of Volunteer Hours Performed from the National Crime Victim Law Institute in 2011. She has also received the Kelly W.G. Clark Advocacy Award form Sparks of Hope in 2016 as well as the Rising Star Award from the Lewis & Clark Recent Graduate Council in 2017.
She has also received Superb client ratings on Avvo along with numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
Ms. Swanson graduated with distinction with a degree in critical gender studies from the University of California, San Diego, in 2009. Upon deciding to pursue her legal career, she attended Lewis & Clark Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2013. While there, she received the Certificate of Achievement: Non-Representational Pro-Bono Work along with the Certificate of Achievement: Community Service. She is an active member of the Oregon State Bar Association and the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, among her other professional affiliations.
Practice areasCivil litigation: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Family law
Personal injury - plaintiff, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Domestic violence
- 30% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Family law
First Admitted: 2014, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.graves-swanson.com/jacqueline-k-swanson
- , Certificate of Achievement: Non-Representational Pro-Bono Work, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2011 - 2013
- , Research Scholar, University of California San Diego, 2009
- , Certificate of Achievement: Volunteer Hours Performed, National Crime Victim Law Institute, 2011
- , Certificate of Achievement: Community Service, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2012 - 2013
- The rising star award is awarded by the Lewis & Clark Law School Recent Graduate Counsel for an attorney in their first 10 years of practice who has demonstrated significant legal achievements in their practice for their early practice. , Rising Star Award, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2017
- Writing Competition Grant Recipient, Oregon State Bar, 2013
- This award is given to an advocate for children who have suffered abuse, especially sexual abuse, for that person's efforts in championing the cause of survivors., Kelly W. G. Clark Advocacy Award, Sparks of Hope, 2016
- Awarded for service in working with law students and mentor them as they join the legal profession., Honorable Darleen Ortega Outstanding Mentor Award, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2015
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- B.A., Critical Gender Studies, with distinction, University of California San Diego, 2009
- I presented on the mechanics and nuances of representing sexual assault survivors, the legal requirements for sexual assault litigation, and the state of the law in Oregon concerning the same., Panelist, Sexual Abuse Litigation, Oregon Trial Lawyer's Association, Legal, 2020
- Rape Culture in the Courtroom: A Critical Analysis of Patriarchal Jurisprudence, 22nd Annual UCSD Research Conference, 2009
- Stalking Protective Orders in Oregon: State v. Ryan on Review, National Crime Victim Law Conference, 2011
- Federal Crime Victims’ Rights, Washington Coalition of Crime Victim Advocates, 2012
- Panelist: Oregon’s Policy on Sexual Harassment, Bullying and Assault in our Schools: Is it Enough? AAUW, 2018
- My law partner and I presented a continuing legal education course on representing clients in challenging legal and personal circumstances, as well as some creative problem solving solutions to overcome legal difficulties and achieve positive outcomes for clients., Presenter, Empowering Clients to Navigate Difficult Circumstances, Oregon State Bar Solo and Small Firm Section, Legal, 2019
- My law partner and I presented a lecture for attorneys concerning working with survivors of sexual violence and how to better provide holistic legal services to meet their specific needs., Presenter, Case Studies in Holistic Representation, Oregon State Bar, Solo and Small Firm Section CLE, Legal/Attorneys, 2019
- I presented on part of a panel with several other scholars and lawyers about the impacts of institutional betrayal and the various issues confronting survivors as they negotiate Title IX issues., Panelist, Institutional Betrayal: Sexual Assault on Campus, Pacific Sociological Association, Psychologists, 2017
- I presented on the current status of crime victim's rights and how to best serve that community., Presenter, Oregon Crime Victim's Rights, Lewis & Clark Law School, Crime Victim's Rights Alliance, Legal, 2016
- I presented a lecture on Victim's Rights in the legal context and the professional concerns related to those issues., Presenter, Victim's Rights in Practice, National Crime Victim Law Institute Clinic, Legal, Advocates, 2016
- I presented on the broader and holistic remedies, both in terms of the breadth of the civil justice system, but also the other available remedies to help assist victims of sexual assault at the National Crime Victim Law Institute's national conference., Presenter, Civil Remedies for Sexual Assault Survivors: A Holistic Approach to Legal Advocacy, National Crime Victim Law Conference, Legal, Advocates, 2015
- I spoke as a panelist in regard to the film, "The Hunting Ground" on the legal recourses and options available to survivors of sexual assault on college campuses. , Panelist, Sexual Assault on College Campuses, Legal, Students, Community, 2015
- Adult And Child Sexual Abuse; Family Law; Crime Victim Rights; Policy
Office location for Jacqueline Swanson
707 SW Washington St
Portland, OR 97205
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022