Jose A. Klein
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Portland, OR
Selected to Rising Stars: 2018
The co-founder of Klein Munsinger LLC, Jose Klein focuses his practice exclusively on labor and employment law. From the firm's offices in Portland, Oregon, he provides representation to clients throughout the state. Admitted to practice before all Oregon state courts since 2008, Mr. Klein is also admitted to practice in Washington.
Although Mr. Klein has represented companies, the bulk of his current client base is made up of current, prospective and former employees. A significant portion of his caseload involves pursuing claims of discrimination covered by state and federal law, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Oregon Workplace Fairness Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Mr. Klein has also represented victims of sexual harassment, as well as people who have been wrongfully terminated or who have been otherwise retaliated against. He also has experience in handling higher education disputes, including those arising under Title IX.
Mr. Klein's work on behalf of employers has encompassed the preparation and review of employee manuals, as well as employment and noncompetition agreements. He has also advised companies on regulatory compliance and risk avoidance. The high quality of Mr. Klein's work, along with his successful track record, has led to a great deal of recognition from his fellow members of the bar, including a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Klein is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the Oregon State Bar and other organizations, and he has had several articles published on topics related to his practice area. Following his graduation from Harvard Law School in 2008, he clerked for a justice on the Oregon Supreme Court and was then an assistant attorney general with the Oregon Department of Justice before entering private practice.
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Rights
Employment Law - Employee, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Non-Compete Agreements, Americans with Disabilities Act, Race Discrimination, Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2018
About Jose A. Klein
First Admitted: 2008, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://kleinmunsinger.wordpress.com/about/klein/
- Owen Panner Inn of Court - Member
- Oregon State Bar Labor & Employment Section Executive Committee - Vice President, 2020
- Oregon State Bar Labor & Employment Section Executive Committee - Treasurer, 2019
- Oregon State Bar Labor and Employment Section Executive Committee, 2018
- Drafted chapter describing statutes of limitation operative in employment law and civil rights cases., Author, Oregon Statutory Time Limitations: Chapter 8, "Employment Law and Civil Rights", Oregon State Bar and Professional Liability Fund, Legal, 2018
- Are the coming changes to Oregon's non-competition law good for workers? A quick update here: https://t.co/ecaaqF8UNc
- Can your employer require you to get a COVID-19 vaccine? 💉🤷♀️ You're just 120 Seconds away from an answer.… https://t.co/O9oOHpldPy
- @Uber and @Lyft remove mandatory arbitration and confidentiality for sexual harassment claims. For transparency, t… https://t.co/E1L7ycXd7f
- Klein Munsinger takes a stand against child abuse! https://t.co/SB0BjOgC3L
Last Updated: 5/15/2022