Top rated Family Law attorney in Portland, OregonLisa Kenn Family Law, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Oregon since: 2015
Education: Lewis & Clark Law School
Lisa Kenn Family Law, LLC1000 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205 Visit website
Attorney Lisa Kenn is the founder and principal of Lisa Kenn Family Law, LLC, in Portland, Oregon. As her firm's name suggests, Ms. Kenn devotes her practice exclusively to family law, and she provides exceptional counsel, guidance and support to clients throughout Portland and surrounding areas who are going through divorces or custody determinations, or have other serious legal matters affecting their families.
Handling all areas of domestic relations, Ms. Kenn has achieved considerable success assisting her clients with establishing, modifying, and when necessary, enforcing their child custody and support agreements, parenting plans, spousal support agreements, and pre- and post-nuptial agreements. She also handles adoptions as well as grandparent and stepparent custody and visitation matters, and she has assisted numerous clients with establishing guardianships for incapacitated adult family members.
Ms. Kenn prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements without the need for expensive, stressful and time-consuming litigation. However, she also has extensive trial experience. Whether inside or outside the courtroom, Ms. Kenn maintains an unwavering focus on protecting her clients' rights and best interests at all times. Her prior experience as a special deputy prosecutor also gives her invaluable insight into the impact criminal charges can have on a family.
Ms. Kenn has been honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, and has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers as well as superb client ratings and reviews on Avvo. A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, Ms. Kenn also obtained a Master of Arts in political science from the University of California/Berkeley. Ms. Kenn obtained her Juris Doctor from Lewis & Clark Law School in 2014. While in law school, she served on the Moot Court Honor Board, and received honors for her 1L moot court appellate brief.
Ms. Kenn has volunteered her services with Legal Aid Services of Oregon's Multnomah County Pro Bono Lawyer’s Project, and the St. Andrews Legal Clinic, where she continues to volunteer on a regular basis. In 2018, Ms. Kenn was chosen by the Multnomah Bar Association to receive that year's Michael E. Haglund Pro Bono Award. Among her professional affiliations, Ms. Kenn is a member of the Oregon State Bar Association's Family Law Section, the Oregon Academy of Family Law Practitioners, Oregon Women Lawyers, and the Family Law Section and Women's Caucus of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2015, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.lisakennfamilylaw.com/about
- Certified Oregon Mediator, 2004
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 2014
- Certified Oregon Mediator, 2004
- University of California/ Berkeley, M.A. in Political Science, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Massachusetts/Amherst, B.A. in Political Theory
- Multnomah County Bar Association: Michael E. Haglund Pro Bono Award, 2018
- The Classroom Law Project: Mock Trial Judge, 2019
- Multnomah County Bar Association: Public Service Committee, 2019
- Multnomah County Circuit Court: Children's Representation Project Attorney, 2017
- St. Andrew Legal Clinic: Attorney Volunteer, 2015
- Multnomah Bar Association: Public Service Committee Member, 2020
- Oregon Academy of Family Law Practitioners, 2018
- Oregon State Bar Association: Family Law Section , 2015
- Multnomah County Bar Association, 2015
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2015
- Oregon Women Lawyers, 2014
Office location for Lisa Kenn
1000 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023