Lowell P. McKelvey
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Portland, OregonMcKelvey Law LLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Products Liability; view more
Licensed in Oregon since: 1999
Education: The University of Montana School of Law
McKelvey Law LLC1205 NW 25th Ave
Portland, OR 97210 Visit website
Lowell P. McKelvey is an attorney with McKelvey Law LLC in Portland, Oregon. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 20 years of legal experience, Mr. McKelvey provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across his region who have suffered serious injuries or lost loved ones due to the negligent, careless or unlawful actions of others. He is a personal injury Superlawyer.
As a personal injury attorney, Mr. McKelvey has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of individuals and families adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, defective product especially Onewheel electric skateboards, and nursing home abuse and neglect. He also has extensive experience as an insurance defense attorney, so he has invaluable insight into the tactics that insurance providers use to reduce or deny claims. This allows him to devise the most effective strategies possible for his plaintiff clients, and he has recovered millions of dollars for those he has served.
Along with being an experienced and tenacious trial lawyer, Mr. McKelvey is also a highly effective arbitrator and mediator, and he routinely uses a collaborative approach to help his clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable settlements without the need for expensive, time-consuming and stressful court battles. Whether inside or outside the courtroom, he maintains an unwavering focus on protecting his clients' rights and interests at all turns, and he has gained a reputation as being a "Trial Lawyer with a Heart."
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. McKelvey is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their times of dire need.
A 1994 graduate of Southwestern University, Mr. McKelvey obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Montana School of Law in 1999. He is licensed to practice in Washington state and Oregon as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
A leader in his field, Mr. McKelvey has served as co-chair of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA) Motor Vehicle Section, and he is an active member of various other local, state and national legal organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.mckelveylaw.com/
- BA, History, Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX, 1994
- $1 Million settlement for victims of drunk driving crash, Vancouver, Washington, 2019
- Angela Muldoon v Kenneth Lett Defense Verdict, 2011, Multnomah County, Oregon. Personal Injury auto case. Plaintiff was a passenger in her husband's car. My client pulled out in front of the plaintiff and her husband at a difficult intersection. Plaintiff was injured in the accident and sued my client for over $400,000 in damages. A jury found that my client was not negligent and awarded zero damages., 2011
- Fountain court Homeowners Assn et al v Fountaincourt Development, L.L.C. et al Defense Verdict for my client, Red Hills Construction, Inc, 2009, Washington County, Oregon. 4-week construction defect trial. I represented a framing subcontractor, Red Hills Construction, Inc. Plaintiffs prevailed against four of the five defendants who went to trial, but my client Red Hills was awarded the only defense verdict by the jury., 2009
- Dulce Galvan v Matthew Schouviller, Virtual Defense Verdict, 2010, Marion County, Oregon. Personal injury auto case in Marion County, Oregon. Plaintiff was rear-ended at low speed by my client and sustained soft tissue injuries. After a two day trial, a jury awarded plaintiff one third of her medical bills and zero non-economic damages., 2010
- OTLA (Oregon Trial Lawyers Association) Motor Vehicle Section Co-Chair OTLA (Oregon Trial Lawyers Association) Guardian, 2020
- United States Federal Court, Oregon District Court, Portland Division, 2009
- Washington State Bar Association, 2005
- Multnomah Bar Association, 2003
- Oregon State Bar, 1999
- , Super Lawyers: Personal Injury Litigation, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , AV Preeminent rated by Martindale Hubbell, 2018
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star: Construction Litigation, Super Lawyers, 2011
- Electric Scooters
- Hoverboards and Transports
- Micromobility Devices
- Nursing Home and Specialized Care Center Abuse and Neglect
- Onewheel Electric Skateboards
Office location for Lowell P. McKelvey
1205 NW 25th Ave
Portland, OR 97210
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011