Marc A. Johnston
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Portland, OregonJohnston Law Firm, P.C.
Marc A. Johnston is a successful trial attorney and owner of the Johnston Law Firm, LLC in Portland, Oregon. Marc's primary focus is standing up for and protecting the rights of individuals who have been hurt or killed by the negligence of another. Marc is a lawyer for the people, representing individuals and their families against dangerous drivers, negligent physicians, corporations who endanger consumers and anyone violating the societal safety rules which protect us all. Marc's winning trial and arbitration record is a testament to his tenacity, preparation and legal skill, as well as his belief in promoting community safety and positive social change through the legal process. Marc also represents people when their health insurance company denies their claims.
Marc and his firm take a client centric approach to practicing law. This has resulted in many of Marc’s clients becoming lifelong friends of the Johnston Law Firm. Marc’s clients appreciate his approachability, availability and his dedication to winning their case.
Marc is a cum laude graduate of Gonzaga University School of Law. He later founded and became the head coach of the national award winning mock trial program at Reed College. Marc's other professional activities include his membership in several organizations, including the American Association for Justice, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association and the Oregon State Bar. Marc is a college basketball fan, and an avid fisherman and white water rafting enthusiast.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dram Shop Laws, Informed Consent, Medical Devices, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://johnston-lawfirm.com/attorneys/marc-a-johnston/
- Case Note, Bailey v. Lewis Farms: Cause of Action Against Prior Owner of Automobile for Failure to Maintain Marc Johnston, October, 2007
- The Supreme Court's New Take on Punitive Damages in State Farm v. Cambell: Criticism and Strategies for Plaintiffs' Lawyers Navigating the New Rules, Marc A. Johnston, 39 TORT TRIAL AND INSURANCE PRACTICE L.J., 1093 2004 (winner of Tort Trial Insurance Practice Section national writing competition)
- The Illusion of Insurance, Client Briefing and Newsletter, Parsons Farnell & Grein, Summer 2006
- Represented client who was injured in rear-end car collission, and endured multiple neck surgeries and rotator cuff surgery.
- Volunteer, Head Coach, Reed College Mock Trial Program, 2006 - 2009
- Representative, Oregon LRAP (Law School Loan Repayment Assistance Program), 2010 - Present
- Gonzaga Alumni Committee, Sports Director of Portland Chapter, 2006 - Present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Oregon State Bar Mentoring Taskforce, 2010 - Present
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section and Business Law Section
- Panco v. Air Control, Inc. Represented contractor seeking insurance coverage for construction defect claims, and defended the underlying construction defect claims filed against contractor
- Represented injury victim who was struck by car while walking in a crosswalk, and suffered multiple broken bones and traumatic brain injury.
- Represented client with chronic neck pain against her health insurer, which alleged that the surgery her surgeon recommended was not medically necessary
- Represented victim of defective medical knee implant against multi-billion dollar medical device company
- VanDehey v. Allstate. Represent insured client in appeal to the Ninth Circuit regarding an insurance coverage dispute over the interpretation of the insurance policy
- Represented client against her health insurance company, which sought to rescind her insurance policy and avoid payment for significant surgery based on non-material omission in policy application.
- Represented professional golfer who injured wrist at bar when assaulted by underage patrons.
- Represented injury victim at trial against drunk driver who hit her
- Mani v. Yarpezeshkan and Laffer. Represented multiple physicians in multi-million dollar business fraud case which settled immediately before the reading of the jury verdict
- Represented family struck head on by drunk driver, each of which suffered severe injury.
- Represented consumer at trial against company which defrauded client with bait and switch delivery tactics.
- Eastern Washington University, B.A. in Business Management/Marketing, 2000
- Gonzaga University, J.D., Spokane, Washington
- Getting injured in an unexpected accident is a traumatizing experience. While you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of your options, you can take comfort in knowing that an experienced Portland personal injury attorney will advocate for you. Johnston Law Firm is a personal injury law firm located in Portland, OR. If you've been seriously injured, you should call us. We can help. (503) 546-3167. Attorney Advertising., Johnston Law Firm Brand Video | Johnston Law Firm, Law, 2021
- American Association For Justice
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
Office location for Marc A. Johnston
200 SW Market St
Portland, OR 97201
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012