Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Portland, OregonLevine & McHenry LLC
Matthew McHenry is a partner at the criminal defense firm, Levine & McHenry LLC. He has worked hard with his business partner to protect the best interests of his clients in the Portland Metropolitan area and all its surrounding areas in Oregon. From dismissed charges to reduced sentences, he is committed to securing positive outcomes for allegations related to drug charges, sex offenses, theft and domestic abuse.
When Mr. McHenry first pursued academic studies for his future career, his focus was business. Then, in 2004, he completed his law degree at Lewis and Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon. He graduated magna cum laude and placed second in his class. During his studies, he chose classes that focused heavily on criminal defense. While completing his law degree, he also worked as a research clerk and as a law review associate editor. He is licensed to practice in Oregon, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon.
In 2004, Mr. McHenry joined Levine & McHenry LLC for the first time as an associate. He then left the practice two years later on good terms to serve the Portland Office of Metropolitan Public Defenders, Inc., as a staff defender. He returned to private practice in 2007 at Levine & McHenry LLC and became a partner three years later. During his career, he has been a featured speaker at the OCDLA Annual Conference several times. He has also published works related to sex cases and weapons charges.
His professional affiliations include the Criminal Justice Act Panel, the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (OCDLA) and its Education Committee. When not fighting hard for his clients' freedoms, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Criminal Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Sex Offenses, Theft
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2004
Professional Webpage: https://www.levinemchenry.com/attorney/matthew-mchenry/
- Featured Speaker, on multiple occasions at the OCDLA Annual Conference
- Demurrers and Motions, Defending Sex Cases Manual
- 'Unlawful Use of a Weapon', Major Crimes and Defenses, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Oregon Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Recipient of 2018 Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association President’s Award
- Avvo 10.0 Superb Rating (Criminal Defense)
- Avvo Client's Choice Award
- OCDLA Education Committee, Member
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (OCDLA), Member
- Criminal Justice Act Panel, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon
- University of Michigan, B.B.A. with cum laude, 1997
Office location for Matthew McHenry
1050 SW 6th Ave
Portland, OR 97204
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2015