Mindy S. Stannard
Top rated Family Law attorney in Portland, OregonMorris, Stannard & Batalden Family Law PC
Mindy S. Stannard is a partner at Morris Stannard & Batalden Family Law PC, where she focuses her practice exclusively on family law matters, representing clients throughout the greater Portland metropolitan area and other parts of the state of Oregon. Admitted to practice in both Oregon and Washington, Ms. Stannard is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
After studying at Walla Walla University, Ms. Stannard transferred to Portland State University, where she majored in psychology and earned a Bachelor of Arts in 2001. She then pursued her legal education at the Willamette University College of Law, and she received her Juris Doctor in 2004. Ms. Stannard has practiced family law for most of her career, and she joined her current firm in September 2020.
Ms. Stannard handles a wide variety of matters for her clients. A significant portion of her caseload involves the representation of people who are going through a divorce, and she helps them deal with the related issues of parenting time, property division, child support and alimony. Ms. Stannard often plays an important role in guiding them through the negotiation of a comprehensive settlement agreement, but when that is not possible and mediation sessions have proved to be unfruitful, she provides aggressive and effective advocacy on their behalf in the courtroom.
Other matters that Ms. Stannard has worked on have included uncontested adoptions, the representation of domestic violence victims, and the enforcement of and modifications to existing support and parenting court orders. Her successful track record has earned her many honors, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
First Admitted: 2004, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://www.msbfamilylaw.com/about-us
- Portland State University, B.S., Psychology
- U.S. District Court, 2005
- Washington County Bar Association Board Member, 2017
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Oregon Association of Family Law Practitioners
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2005
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS), Member
- Washington State Bar, 2009
- Washington County Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Multnomah Bar Association CLE Committee, 2014
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association Events Committee Member, 2017
- Clackamas County Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Oregon State Bar, Quality of Life Committee, Member, 2012
- Speaker, Divorce Workshop for Women, YWCA, 2013
- Speaker, "Post-Divorce Issues," Eve's Daughter's Meeting, 2013
- Speaker, "Financial Planning and Legal Tips for Women Going Through Divorce", 2012
- Speaker, "Preparing Parenting Time Plans," Family Law Seminar for Legal Assistants, 2009
- Presenter, Clear Transitions, Divorce Workshop for Women, 2017
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Distinguished as an Oregon Rising Star by Super Lawyers®, 2013-2014
- Volunteer Pro Tem Judge in Washington County, Oregon, 2018
- Legal Representation of Children
- Washington County Behavioral Health Council Community Member, 2017
Office location for Mindy S. Stannard
1211 SW 5th Ave.
Portland, OR 97204