Robert K. Meyer
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Portland, OR
- Free Consultation
Robert K. Meyer is an employment attorney and the co-founder of Meyer Stephenson Employment Law in Portland, Oregon. Mr. Meyer handles matters involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour claims and wrongful termination. He has over a decade of legal experience and represents employees in Portland and throughout the state of Oregon.
Mr. Meyer has considerable litigation experience, serving as lead trial attorney in more than 20 trials. Committed to professional education, he is a co-author of the Oregon State Barbooks alternative resolution practice guide chapter on employment law. He speaks on employment law to organizations such as the Oregon State Bar Labor & Employment Section and the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association.
After completing his bachelor’s degree in English from the University of California Berkeley, Mr. Meyer earned his law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Oregon and California state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and belongs to the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Meyer spent several years practicing employment law in San Francisco, California, as well as a national employment defense law firm. After relocating to Oregon, he practiced employment law at a Portland-based firm and served as an attorney at the Curry County District Attorney’s Office.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Meyer enjoys serving his local community. He participates in the Oregon State Bar’s New Lawyer Mentoring Program and sits on the board of Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger.
About Robert K. Meyer
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: https://oregonworkplacelaw.com/about/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of the Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger
- Oregon State Bar, Mentor
- State Bar of California, Member, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2018
- Oregon District Court, 2009
- Oregon State Bar, 2008
- B.A. in English from U.C. Berkeley, 1998
- Co-wrote chapter of ADR in Oregon on ADR in employment cases, Co-Author, ADR in Oregon, Chapter 28: Employment Law, Oregon State Bar Legal Publications - BarBooks, 2019
- Presenter, Employment Law, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Presenter, Employment Law, Oregon State Bar Employment Law Section
Last Updated: 5/15/2022