Talia Y. Guerriero
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Portland, OR
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021
As an employment lawyer at Meyer Stephenson Employment Law, Talia Y. Guerriero takes pride in protecting workers and defending their rights. She primarily handles cases in employment law, labor and union rights, employment discrimination and wrongful termination. Most of her clients hail from Portland, OR, and its surrounding areas.
Ms. Guerriero became licensed to practice in Oregon in 2011. She started her journey to becoming a lawyer at the University of California, where she completed her psychology degree with high honors. She received multiple scholarships and became a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honors society. She then completed her law degree at Northeastern University School of Law, where she received several highly coveted scholarships.
While in college, she had prestigious externships serving Judge Steele at the Clackamas County Circuit Court and Judge Tauro in the U.S. District Court of Massachusetts. It did not take long for Ms. Guerriero to make a name for herself as an advocate of the LGBTQ community. Shortly after graduating, she published an article on policies to reduce discrimination against LGBTQ youth in the foster care system, in the U.C. Davis Journal of Juvenile Law and Policy.
A strong passion for civil rights and social justice has defined Ms. Guerriero, her career and her lifestyle choices. Consequently, she has focused much of her work on serving as the underdog for marginalized communities and empowering members of the LGBTQ community. This commitment led to her three-year involvement in an insurance related case that improved LGBTQ access to their partners' insurance policies.
- 50%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021
About Talia Y. Guerriero
First Admitted: 2011, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://oregonworkplacelaw.com/about/
- University of California, Santa Cruz, with High Honors in Psychology, Phi Beta Kappa honors society membership and multiple scholarships
- Recognized by SuperLawyers as a “Rising Star” for 2016-2020
- Conference Presentation , Presenter, Providing Legal Services to Members of LGBTQ Communities, 2020
- CLE Presentation, Presenter, The Case for Lawyer Well- Being: Using Intention to Effectively Practice Law and Life, 2020
- Conference Presentation , Presenter, Discovery in Labor and Employment Law, 2018
- Conference Presentation , Presenter, Identifying and Responding to Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, 2018
- CLE Presentation , Presenter , Implicit Bias, Privilege, and Microaggressions in the Law Reflections on Ourselves and Our Work, 2019
- Conference Presentation , Presenter, Interpersonal and Legal Considerations for an LGBTQ-Friendly Practice and Examining Implicit Bias, 2019
- CLE Presentation , Presenter, Best Practices for the Transgender-friendly Workplace, 2019
- Board Member, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association Minority Caucus Co-Chair, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association , 2021
Last Updated: 5/15/2022