Joseph A. Fitzpatrick, Jr.
Top rated Land Use & Zoning attorney in Allentown, PennsylvaniaFitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.
Joseph A. Fitzpatrick, Jr. is a founding member and shareholder of Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C., and is recognized as one of Eastern Pennsylvania’s premier land use and development attorneys. In addition to land use and development, Mr. Fitzpatrick’s practice includes real estate, zoning and subdivision, commercial transactions, and general business representation. He has led clients’ development teams in advancing major commercial, industrial and residential projects including large regional corporate centers, office parks, retail and lifestyle centers, delivery and fulfillment operations, quarry and materials facilities, manufacturing communications installations and warehousing and distribution centers. Mr. Fitzpatrick handles the permitting and development of single family home subdivisions, condominiums, and multifamily housing. He represents private interests regarding claims, negotiations and entitlements matters with governmental agencies at the federal, state and local levels, and actively represents land owners in eminent domain situations.
Mr. Fitzpatrick serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for Team Pennsylvania Foundation, a bipartisan, public-private sector organization, co-chaired by the Governor, which endeavors to enhance economic development, technology and manufacturing opportunities, and job creation in Pennsylvania. He served as Vice Chairman of the Board of Sacred Heart Healthcare Systems in Allentown for over a decade, and is a Trustee of the philanthropic Donald B. and Dorothy L. Stabler Foundation, based in Harrisburg. His professional experience and leadership on major project teams has created a strong network of relationships, enhancing the ability of Mr. Fitzpatrick and the Firm to deal successfully with governmental and municipal bodies, elected and appointed officials, business leaders and real estate and development professionals.
Practice areasLand Use/Zoning, Real Estate: Business, Eminent Domain, Banking
First Admitted: 1980, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.flblaw.com/attorney/joseph-a-fitzpatrick-jr/
- Represented the permitting, development and build-out of the 1,800 acre Stabler Corporate Center, Lehigh Valley, PA
- Represented development of national developer’s multi-use, 500 acre project at Lehigh Valley International Airport
- Successfully appealed and resolved condemnation cases on behalf of restaurants, industrial users, developers and large landowners
- Multiple high-end retail and shopping facilities, including The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley lifestyle center, Wegmans Food Markets, and “big box” national retailers
- Successfully appealed or resolved tax assessment appeals for major national and regional corporations, as well as condominium communities, individual commercial and residential properties, and class actions
- Handles governmental challenges and land use actions affecting commercial, industrial and residential uses, including dealing with federal, state and local agencies
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., 1980, 1980
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude, 1977
- Lehigh Valley Rail Management LLC v. County of Northampton Revenue Appeals Board, A.3d, 2015 WL 6921189 (PA. Cmmw. Nov. 10, 2015), 2015
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. v. Board of Assessment Appeals of Lehigh County, 720 A.2d 790 (Pa. Cmwlth.)
- North Bethlehem Neighbors Group et al v. City of Bethlehem Zoning Hearing Board et al, 822 A.2d 840 (Pa. Cmwlth.)
- Hills at Devonshire Homeowners’ Association, Inc. v. Zoning Hearing Board of Salisbury Township et al, 819 A.2d 196 (Pa. Cmwlth.)
- Epstein Partnership & Levitz Furniture Company v. Kmart, 828 F. Supp. 328 (E.D. Pa.)
- Board of Commissioners of South Whitehall Township v. Toll Brothers, Inc., 607 A.2d 824 (Pa. Cmwlth.)
- Learn about FLB, Legal, 2017
- “Best Lawyers in America” designation, 2015 – Present, Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019
- “Top Rated Lawyer” for Land Use and Zoning, Energy Law, Environmental Law, by American Lawyer Media, 2013, Top Rated Lawyer, American Lawyer Media, 2013
- “Best of Attorneys” by Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal, 2011, Best of Attorneys, Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal, 2011
- Real Estate Professional of the Year, Lehigh Valley/March of Dimes, 2010
- DeSales University, Trustee, 2020 - Present , 2020
- Donald B. and Dorothy Stabler Foundation (philanthropic board serving central and Lehigh Valley, PA), Board of Directors, 2015 - Present, 2016
- Team Pennsylvania Foundation (public/private Statewide Economic Development Foundation), Board of Directors, 2016 – Present, 2016
- Phantoms Charities (youth sports, fitness, education), Founding Director, 2013 - Present, 2013
- Sacred Heart Healthcare System, Allentown, PA - Vice Chair, Board of Directors, 2007
- Team Pennsylvania Foundation (public/private Statewide Economic Development Foundation), Board of Directors, 2016
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2014, 2021 - 2023