Kenneth R. Charette
Top rated Mergers & Acquisitions attorney in Allentown, PennsylvaniaFitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.
Practice Areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Business & Corporate, Health Care
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2012
Kenneth R. Charette is a shareholder in the Firm’s Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions and Healthcare groups.
In his corporate practice, he routinely assists entrepreneurs, start-ups, privately held businesses, venture capital funds and other investment groups with a variety of complex transactions, including: shareholder relations and corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions (both “Buy-Side” and “Sell-Side” matters), investment transactions, joint ventures and other strategic partnerships, management buy-outs, spin-offs, reorganizations, raising capital, regulatory compliance and other similar matters.
In his healthcare law practice, Mr. Charette counsels hospitals, surgery centers, medical group practices, independent living facilities and other health care providers (as well as individual physicians). He focuses on transactions specific to the healthcare industry, such as the structuring of practice mergers/acquisitions or joint ventures, physician services agreements, billing and reimbursement matters, medical practice buy-ins/buy-outs and issues of regulatory compliance involving HIPAA’s patient privacy rules, the Stark Law, and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
He also advises clients on various types of international business transactions, such as licensing agreements, joint ventures, distributorships, strategic alliances, import-export compliance and other forms of cross-border relationships.
First Admitted: 2012, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.flblaw.com/attorney/kenneth-r-charette/
- The University of Cambridge, LL.M (Cambridge, England) Member of the University’s BUIHA Division 1 Ice Hockey Team, 2013
- The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2012 Comments Editor: The Penn State Law Review Woolsack Honor Society, 2012
- Michigan State University, B.A. (East Lansing, MI), 2009
- Named one of “Forty Under 40”, Lehigh Valley Business, 2020, Forty Under 40, Lehigh Valley Business, 2020
- Represented a cryogenic instrument, vessel, and piping company in connection with the sale of its business to an internationally recognized strategic buyer, 2022
- Represented physicians in the acquisition of a multi-specialty pain management practice and related real estate
- Represented the buyer in connection with the acquisition of two FCC licensed A.M. radio stations
- Represented a regional food production company in connection with the sale of its business, and related real estate, to a private equity backed strategic buyer
- Represented a regional early learning company in the sale of its multi-location business to an international, private equity backed, strategic buyer
- Represented an internationally recognized camera and medical device company with multiple tax-free internal reorganizations
- Represented a regional health network in connection with the formation of a hospital-physician joint venture ambulatory surgery center (ASC) project. The ASC project involved, among other items, providing advice with transaction structure, helping the client navigate a complex regulatory framework, and conducting a private equity raise pursuant to Regulation D, Rule 506
- Represented a strategic investment firm in connection with a Seed-Preferred Investment in a Canadian corporation
- Represented numerous clients in connection with the sale or acquisition of various franchised businesses (e.g. automotive vehicle dealerships, restaurants, etc.)
- Phoebe Ministries, Audit, Finance and Investment Committee, Member, 2019 – Present, 2023
- Center for Humanistic Change, Inc., Board of Directors, 2015 - Present, 2023
- Represents Factory LLC, an innovative venture capital firm, with a one-of-its-kind “scale-up” facility that was purposefully built for food, beverage and pet companies in connection with its numerous investments and business transactions, 2023
- Represents Stuffed-Puffs, LLC, an innovative confectionery company in a variety of business matter, 2023
- Represented Signallamp Health Inc., a pioneer in providing remotely-embedded nurse care managers to physicians, in connection with the structuring, negotiation, and completion of its Series A financing with Sopris Capital, a venture capital firm, 2022
- Represented Hidden Meadows on the Ridge Senior Living Community in connection with the sale of its personal care and memory care facilities
- Represented Computer Designs, Inc. (and various affiliated entities) in sale of its thermoforming business to Nelipack Corporation, which involved facilities in three states and Puerto Rico
- Food & Beverage
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022