Philip Marsh Hof
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Bethlehem, PA
A car accident can turn someone's world upside down, as Philip Marsh Hof knows well. A partner at Hof & Reid LLC, he represents people in the Easton area and Allentown and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, to recover compensation for them following motor vehicle accidents.
The National Board of Trial Advocacy has certified Mr. Hof as a civil trial specialist. He puts his litigation skills to use when holding defendants accountable for their actions. Outside the courtroom, Mr. Hof is an experienced mediator and arbitrator who helps to bring about effective resolutions that save clients time and money. Through demonstrating how an incident has caused a client harm, he has been able to secure countless verdicts and settlements.
For his accomplishments, Mr. Hof holds the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, and the American Association for Justice recognized him for the pro bono work he did for the family of a victim of the Sept. 11 attacks.
As a faculty member in continuing education seminars, Mr. Hof shares his legal knowledge with others. He is a member of the Northampton County Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.
When he is not at his practice, Mr. Hof enjoys spending time with his family and loves running. He has run-in and completed three New York City Marathons.
Mr. Hof graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy from Long Island University in 1977. He then earned a Juris Doctor in 1980 from The University of Tulsa College of Law, where he was a member of the school's law review.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2010 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
About Philip Marsh Hof
First Admitted: 1980, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.valleyinjury.com/About-Us/Philip-M-Hof.shtml
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee, Senior Member, District II
- Super Lawyers of PA, 2006 - 2012, Law & Politics and Philadelphia Magazine
- Top 100 Lawyers in Pennsylvania, 2010 - 2018, 2019
- "AV" Rating - Martindale
- Northampton County Pro Bono Award, 2008 - Present
- Recognized by American Association for Justice for Pro Bono help to WTC Victims for the World Trade Center, April of 2004
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (formerly Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association), Board of Governors, 2001 - Present
- Appointed as approved arbitrator for the federal District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania., 2019
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, District II, appointed two consecutive terms and serving presently as Senior Level member of the Hearing Committee.
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Medical Society
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1990
- Pennsylvania, 1980
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1980 - Present
- Bar Association of Lehigh County: President Barristers Inn of Court 2016-2019
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1990
- Northampton County Bar Association, President, 1983 - Present
- American Association for Justice, 1985 - Present
- Donald E. Wieand Barristers' Inn of Court, President 2016-2019
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- Northampton County Bar Association, 1980 - Present
- Use of Technology in Witness Cross Examination, Donald E. Wieand Barristers' Inns of Court, September 22, 2010 - Present
- Article describing causes and impact of mild traumatic brain injuries, including available treatment., Author, Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries: a Silent Epidemic, Network Magazine, Summer Edition 2019, 2019
- Panel Chair, Federal Practice, Pitfalls and Tips: Law Clerks Spill All, Northampton County Bar Association, May 5, 2010 - Present
- Panel Chair, Injunction and Equity Practice, Northampton County Bar Association, October 16, 2009 - Present
- Tort Reform: Better Medicine or Justice Denied?, WFMZ-TV "Business Matters", November 12, 2008 - Present
- Panel Chair: E-Discovery and Computer Forensics, Northampton County Bar Association, September 24, 2008 - Present
- Recent Trends in Tort Reform and Civil Litigation, WFMZ-TV "Business Matters", January 5, 2008 - Present
- Medical Malpractice Avoidance, Northampton County Medical Society, November 12, 2007 - Present
- Medicare Subrogation, Northampton County Bar Association, April 18, 2007 - Present
- Tort Reform, Medical Malpractice & Joint and Several Liability, WFMZ-TV "Business Matters", January 26, 2011 - Present
- Joint and Several Liability, Pennsylvania Association of Justice, July 28, 2011 - Present
- What's It Worth: Evaluating & Settling Personal Injury Cases, Pennsylvania Association of Justice, March 9, 2012 - Present
- University of Tulsa Law Review, Member, 1978 - 1980, University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Liability Avoidance, Annual I-Day Conference of Insurance Professionals, November 4, 2010 - Present
- Automobile Insurance and Wrongful Death & Survival Actions, Northampton County Community College, People's Law School, October 7, 2010 - Present
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1995
- Long Island University, Greenvale, New York, B.A., Honors: magna cum laude, Major: Philosophy with minor in environmental conservation, 1977
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pennsylvania State Police, Camp Cadet, 2019
- Spring Garden Children's School
- Fund to Benefit Children and Youth, Inc.
- Member, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training
- Pennsylvania State Police Camp Cadet, pro bono legal counsel, 2019
- Mario Andretti, 2019
- Marco Andretti, 2019
- Michael Andretti
- Larry Holmes, 2019
- Night Vision Depot, Inc.
- Substantial settlement against national trucking company for injuries to client when tractor-trailer separated, causing devastating injuries including impairment of ability to practice profession. Substantial settlement on behalf of police detective suffering mild traumatic brain injury and related symptoms following head-on collision in the line of duty. , 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022