Joseph D. Pometto
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Carnegie, PennsylvaniaJoe Pometto Law
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, DUI-DWI, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2013
Education: Duquesne University School of Law
Joe Pometto Law27 W Main St
Carnegie, PA 15106 Visit website
With his firm located in Carnegie, Pennsylvania, Joseph D. Pometto is the founder and managing partner of Joe Pometto Law. He has been practicing law in criminal defense as long as he has been a lawyer, which is over a decade. He represents clients who have been charged with criminal offenses such as DUI, theft, traffic tickets, drug crimes, assault or domestic violence.
An alumnus of the University of Pittsburgh, Mr. Pometto secured a bachelor’s degree in political science and government with a minor in Japanese Asian studies, in 2010. In 2013, he completed his Juris Doctor from the Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University, where he was an integral part of the Louis L. Manderino Law Society – Duquesne University Moot Court Program, the National Institute for Trial Advocacy Tournament of Champions and the American College of Trial Lawyers’ National Trial Competition.
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania in the same year, Mr. Pometto was authorized to appear before the United States District Courts for the Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. In addition to being a conditioned trial lawyer, he also conducts arbitrations, negotiations, mediations, plea bargains and direct appeals to drive his cases to a favorable outcome.
Mr. Pometto served in the U.S. Air Force for about four years before taking up a career in law. Over the years, he has worked for the Allegheny County Office of Conflict Counsel, the Allegheny County Public Defender’s Office and private firms specializing in employment litigation and tort defense.
As a veteran, Mr. Pometto approaches each of his cases with discipline, going through the facts and factors systematically. This allows him to evaluate situations with clarity and make befitting plans that help his clients get acquitted. He utilizes every opportunity he gets to represent his fellow veterans who seek legal assistance in his domain.
Rated “Excellent” on Avvo, Mr. Pometto has received consistently positive reviews from his peers and happy clients. He is an active member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Family law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Criminal law, Traffic violations, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 40% Criminal defense
- 20% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Family law
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2013, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.joepomettolaw.com/joe-pometto.html
- Louis L. Manderino Law Society-Duquesne University Moot Court Program-2013
- National Trial Competition The American College of Trial Lawyers-2012
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy Tournament of Champions-2013
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2022
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member Since: 2013
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member Since: 2013
- Supreme Court of the State of Pennsylvania, 2013
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2019
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2020
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., Major in Political Science Minor in Japanese Asian Studies Certificate, 2010
Office location for Joseph D. Pometto
27 W Main St
Carnegie, PA 15106
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023