Mark A. Buterbaugh
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Chambersburg, PA
Mark A. Buterbaugh is a managing partner at Mooney Law, where he focuses his practice primarily on Pennsylvania and Maryland workers' compensation, personal injury, and personal bankruptcy.
In his workers' compensation practice, Mr. Buterbaugh represents people throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland who have been injured on the job or who have contracted occupational diseases, including aggravation of preexisting conditions, and who are seeking workers compensation benefits. In many of these cases, his clients' claims have already been disputed or denied, and he thus provides advocacy and a full litigation practice on their behalf at subsequent hearings and trials. Additionally, he handles workers' compensation appellate work.
Mr. Buterbaugh's personal injury experience has largely dealt with incidents arising out of premises liability and animal attacks, and he has been able to obtain several sizable negotiated settlements. In his Social Security Disability practice, he helps clients prepare and file their initial claims, and he argues on their behalf at administrative hearings in cases where the Social Security Administration has issued an initial adverse decision.
Mr. Buterbaugh is a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University, where he majored in political science and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1992. He also holds a master’s degree in public administration from Shippensburg University, and his legal education was obtained at Widener University Commonwealth Law School. His experience prior to entering private practice included serving as counsel to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. Mr. Buterbaugh has also been elected by voters in Shippensburg to the Shippensburg School Board and has been selected as the Board President and currently serves int hat role. Highly regarded by his colleagues, Mr. Buterbaugh has received an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo.
- 70%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Bankruptcy: Consumer
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2019
About Mark A. Buterbaugh
First Admitted: 2009, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.mooney4law.com/attorneys/mark-buterbaugh/
- Member, Pa. School Boards Association, 2013 - Present
- Shippensburg School Board, Ten Years of Elected Service
- Member, Pennsylvania Association of Justice, 2012 to Present
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2009 - Present
- Member, Cumberland County Bar Association, 2012 - Present
- Member, Franklin County Bar Association, 2012 - Present
- Cumberland County, 2012 - Present
- Franklin County, 2012 - Present
- Pennsylvania, 2009 - Present
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past Board Member, Shippensburg Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Franklin County United Way, 2018 - Present
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1992
- Shippensburg University, M.P.A., 1997
- Mooney Law Proudly Sponsors Greyhounds New Scoreboard https://t.co/VhXSCkjNDv
- Always disclose preexisting conditions https://t.co/D76E7tabPV #Chambersburg #Carlisle #Gettysburg #Hanover #Harrisburg #Lancaster
- Disclose, Disclose, Disclose Preexisting Conditions and Treatment https://t.co/D76E7tabPV
- https://t.co/B9exPWcms7 #chambersburg #carlisle #harrisburg #yorkpa #shippensburg #waynesboro #lancaster #readingpa
Last Updated: 5/15/2022