Robin F. Bond
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Chesterbrook, PA
As principal and founder of the employment law firm Transitions Strategies, LLC, Robin F. Bond represents the employee's best interests in workplace legal matters. She is well-known for her representation of executives in both new employment contract and severance deals, with both publicly-traded and privately-held companies. In addition to her work in the area of employment contracts and executive compensation, Robin also represents individuals in a wide range of legal disputes, including wrongful terminations, civil rights discrimination claims, sexual harassment, breach of contract and wage payment and collection matters.
As a nod to her outstanding work, Ms. Bond holds an Avvo “Superb” rating; Main Line Today magazine has named her as a top attorney for over 10 years- and named her as its #1 Top Employment Lawyer for 2018- and for over 10 years, Suburban Life magazine has consistently named her to its “Top Attorneys" list for employment law. For the past 5 years, she has been named by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as among the nation's top 1% of employment attorneys.
Robin is a nationally recognized attorney and her wide range of experience as an in-house corporate counsel, a private practitioner and an entrepreneur give her an edge in negotiating deals. She has frequently been quoted in a variety of television, radio, on-line and print media, including, CNN, Fox News, the New York Times, the New York Post, the Wall Street Journal, Corporate Counsel, Time, Monster.com, and Career Builder.
Robin is the author of the book How to Negotiate a Killer Job Offer, for which Mark Cuban of Shark Tank wrote the foreword.
About Robin F. Bond
First Admitted: 1982, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.transition-strategies.com/attorneys/
- , 2018 and 2015, Top Employment Lawyer of the Main Line, Main Line Today
- , Top Lawyers of the Main Line, 2010 - present (employment law), Main Line Today
- 2015 Union League of Philadelphia's Hall of Honor
- Philadelphia’s 25 Women of Distinction, 2006
- 2016 Top Employment Lawyer of the Main Line
- 2017 -- Elected to the National Association of Distinguished Counsel in recognition of being among the nation's top 1% of employment attorneys.
- 2015 Lifetime Charter Member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America
- PNC Bank Women Who Achieve, 2010
- 2016 "Veterans of Influence Award" -- honoring former military veterans contributing to the Philadelphia community, Philadelphia Business Journal.
- 2011 Top Lawyer of the Main Line for Employment Law for Individuals
- 2015 Human Resources Consultant of the Year Award, Society of Human Resource Management, Delaware Valley, PA, Chapters
- Awesome Attorneys of the Philadelphia Suburbs, 2010-present
- , Pennsylvania SuperLawyers, Employment Law & Litigation, 2013-present, Super Lawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors, Forum of Executive Women of Philadelphia
- Donors are Heros Charity
- Chairperson, "Life skills Training Committee", Junior League of Philadelphia, 1999-2001
- American Health Lawyers Association Representative, Robert Wood Johnson National Task Force
- Chairperson, "Done In A Day" Committee, Junior League of Philadelphia, 2001-2002
- Elected 2016 -- Leadership role in developing The Power of Professional WoMen, a new professional organization to advance women, and to include men in that effort.
- Member, CEO Trust of New York City, 2014- present
- President, Chesterbrook Civic Association, 2002-2004
- HELP Philadelphia, 1999-2002
- Board of Directors Member, Chesterbrook Civic Association, 1999-2001
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1982
- Member, Chester County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Institute Planning Committee, Annual Employment Law Institute, 2009-Present
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, PNC Bank's Women's Financial Services Network, Advisory Board, 2011 – 2014
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, Major: Journalism, Minor :Business Administration, Phi Beta Kappa, 1979
- Videos of my appearances on various news programs, talking about legal subjects, can be viewed on my web site at http://www.youtube.com/user/attorneyrobinbond/videos
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Published the book, "How to Negotiate a Killer Job Offer" in 2013, foreword by Mark Cuban.
- I am a frequent speaker, on average about 3-4 times each month. Audiences include Chambers of Commerce, the Pennsylvania Conference for Women (with over 7,000 attendees in 2013), the International Association of Corporate and Professional Recruiters, Wharton Women's Network of the University of Pennsylvania, Avant Resources (national webinar company), ExecUNet, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Legal and Human Resources professional groups, and a variety of other networking groups. In addition, since 2006, I have been a legal commentator for national and local news networks and publications, including CNN, FOX and MSNBC. Information about my speeches and television/media appearances is listed on www.robinbond.com and www.transition-strategies.com
- Guest Columnist, www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/blog/guest-comment/2013/03/bullying-in-the-workplace.html?page=2, The Philadelphia Business Journal, 2013
- Author, How to Negotiate a Killer Job offer, Foreword by Mark Cuban
- Author, Professional Rights and Responsibilities, Health Law Practice Guide, West Publishing, New York, 1993-2008
- Contributing Columnist, Bottom Line Management for Law Firms, 1998-99
- Editorial Board Member, Aspen Publishers, Inc., Health Law Center, Physician Organizations and Medical Staff, Gaithersburg, MD, 1995-1997
- Comment, Diverse and Perverse Incentives in Managed Care: Where Will the Pendulum Stop?, 1 Widener L. Symp. J. 1, 1996
- Author, Health Care Providers Can Avoid Negligent Hiring Claims, HealthSpan, Prentice-Hall, Vol. 8, No. 2, February 1991
- Instructor, Business Law, Compliance, Benefits & Social Responsibility, The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA, 2007-2009
- Symposium: The Doctor and the Patient in the New Health Care Economy, Diverse and Perverse Incentives in Managed Care, The Health Law Institute of Widener University School of Law, 1995
- Managed Care Lecture Series, Medical Jurisprudence Course, Residency Core Curriculum, Legal Issues for Nurses, and Continuous Quality Improvement, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, 1993-1997
- Instructor, Tax-exempt Organizations Course, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1991-1992
- Negotiating Secrets of an Executive Agent
- Which Form of Legal Entity is Right for Your Business?
- Career Crisis Coaching
- Financial Pitfalls of Running a Medical Practice
- Social Media at Work
- Social Media, the Internet, and Computer Privacy Issues: Navigating a Rapidly Evolving Field
- Private Eyes Are Watching You: Privacy in the Workplace
- Avoiding Ambiguity: How to Draft Deal Documents a Court Will Enforce
- 2017 - "Gender Pay Equity: Is Progress Being Made?" Pennsylvania Bar Association's Annual Employment Law Institute, Philadelphia, pA
- High Tech
- Private Equity
Last Updated: 5/15/2022