Liam J. Duffy
Top rated family law attorney in Colmar, PennsylvaniaWinter & Duffy Law
Practice Areas: Family law, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2013
Education: Rutgers School of Law - Camden
Winter & Duffy Law190 Bethlehem Pike
Colmar, PA 18915 Visit website
As a partner at the law firm of Winter & Duffy Law in Colmar, Pennsylvania, attorney Liam J. Duffy champions for the rights and best interests of clients in the suburbs of Montgomery, Bucks and surrounding counties and across Pennsylvania. With nine years of legal experience, he handles a variety of family legal matters involving:
- Child custody, visitation and child support
- Division of marital property and debt
- Domestic violence
Although Mr. Duffy dedicates a significant portion of his practice to family law, his experience extends to civil litigation, business law and landlord-tenant matters. With knowledge working in the corporate world and certification as a treasury professional (a benchmark of capability in the finance profession), he understands how different cases need different approaches for success.
Mr. Duffy was admitted to practice in all the state courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey in 2013. He has also litigated a number of cases before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He is an active member of the Bar Association of Montgomery County, the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Bucks County Bar Association.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice from the University of Delaware in 2002, Mr. Duffy attended the Erivan K. Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph's University to obtain his master’s degree in finance. He received his Juris Doctor from the Rutgers Law School – Camden in 2013. While there, he was placed on the dean’s list, and he served as the Rutgers Law Journal’s articles editor.
Mr. Duffy was honored in many ways for his accomplishments and has a great deal of favorable recognition from his peers and clients. The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys listed him in among the Top Ten Ranking Attorneys in 2019. He has written extensively and authored articles for prominent journals.
Staying involved in his community is important to Mr. Duffy. He regularly volunteers to offer pro bono services to promote the social and economic development of those in and around Montgomery County. He was a part of the Montgomery Child Advocacy Project and also functioned as a pro bono attorney for the Women's Center of Montgomery County.
Practice areasFamily law, Civil litigation: plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 80% Family law
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2013, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.winterduffylaw.com/attorney-profile/liam-duffy/
- MCAP Attorney
- Women's Center Attorney
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, 2002
- Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, M.S. Finance
- Rutgers Law Journal, Vol. 43, Issue 4
- "State Constitutional Law - Search and Seizure - Warrantless and Suspicionless Search of Parolee's Hotel Room By A General Law Enforcement Office Violates Article 1, Section 8 of the Iowa Constitution."
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member, 2013 - Present
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2015
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- New Jersey, 2013
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2013 - Present
- , Pennsylvania Rising Stars, Superlawyers, 2020
- 2021 Pennsylvania Rising Stars Selectee
- 2019 Pennsylvania "Rising Stars" Selectee, 2019
- Top 10 Under 40 Award, NAFLA, 2019
- 2017 Pennsylvania "Rising Stars" Selectee, Published in Philadelphia Magazine
- 2018 Pennsylvania "Rising Starts" Selectee, 2018
Office location for Liam J. Duffy
190 Bethlehem Pike
Colmar, PA 18915
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023