Sara M. Webster
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Doylestown, PA
Sara Webster is a top-rated Criminal defense lawyer with decades of experience in State and Federal Court in Bucks, Montgomery, Northampton, Lehigh and Philadelphia Counties.
As a Super Lawyer for 16 years her practice extends to defending Homicides, Assaults, Sex Offenses, DUI/Motor Vehicle, Drug, Theft and Juvenile Offenses. Of special interest is her representation of those with mental health defenses or facing Involuntary Mental Health commitments.
She lectures in the area of DUI, Sex Offenses and Mental Health law.
Past President of PACDL (PA Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers) and Chair of the Bucks County Criminal Law Section for 15 years, Webster is uncommonly familiar with the practice and people in the criminal courts. Her appointment to the Federal CJA (Criminal Justice Act panel) has been renewed regularly since 1999.
She has successfully challenged illegal searches and seizures, unlawful stops, misidentification, coerced consent, and prevailed in trials claiming self-defense, speedy trial violations, lack of criminal intent and by impeaching witnesses' false testimony.
Her involvement in the community extends to being appointed to the Bucks County Prison Oversight Board; election to the Board of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness); The Board of the Bucks County Bar Association, member of Buckingham Friends School, Plant Committee; pro-bono attorney for defendants in PFA (Protection from Abuse) cases and a NORML (National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws) lawyer.
- 60%Criminal Defense
- 40%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Drug & Alcohol Violations, Sex Offenses, Theft
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2022
About Sara M. Webster
First Admitted: 1979, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.websterlawpa.com/
- NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
- Past Chair, Criminal Law Section, Bucks County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Past-president and charter member, PACDL (Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers)
- Bucks County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2019
- Lecturer, Pittsburg, Harrisburg and Philadelphia on DUI Sentencing Law, DUI Law, Sex Crimes and Winning Defenses, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Speaker, PACDL and Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Criminal Law Symposium
- Martindale-Hubbell®: 4.4 of 5.0 "Distinguished" Peer Review Rating™
- Women of Achievement, March of Dimes, 2009
- AVVO.com rating: 10
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law
- Doctor found not guilty of sex offense charges by jury, 2013
- Data analysis of texts and cell records to establish client innocence, 2013
- Racial profiling on RT 309 in Montgomery County. Defense motion charged that stop of driver for speeding and further detention to perform canine search violated the US and PA Constitutions, 2014
- Successfully defended a medical doctor charged with prescribing oxycodone to known addicts where agents of the PA Attorney General's Office engaged in entrapment, 2012
- Suppression motion was granted and DUI dismissed where the dash camera on the state trooper's vehicle was subpoened and clearly contradicted what the trooper testified was probable cause to arrest, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Buckingham Friends School, Plant Committee, 2019
- ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) of Pennsylvania
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), Board of Directors, 2019
- Governor's Mental Health Task Force for Women
- Bucks County Audubon Society
- Buckingham Friends School Board of Directors, 2018
- Board of Peace Valley Nature Center, 2015
- Criminal Defense
Last Updated: 5/15/2022