Susan J. Smith
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Doylestown, PA
- Virtual Appointments
Susan J. Smith, a partner at Williams Family Law, concentrates her practice on family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child and spousal support, alimony, equitable distribution of marital property, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, business valuation issues and asset investigation issues impacting high net worth clients.
Recognized by American Lawyer Media as a “Woman Leader in the Law” in 2015, Ms. Smith has practiced family law for nearly a quarter of a century and established herself as one of the top divorce and child custody attorneys in both Bucks County and southeastern Pennsylvania. The Bucks County Bar Association presented her with the “Woman of the Year” award in 2010 and she has been named to the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers multiple times, a designation limited to just 5 percent of attorneys in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Smith is both a keen legal tactician and a stalwart courtroom advocate; her trial experience has earned her a reputation as a force to be reckoned with in family courts in Bucks and Montgomery counties.
Prior to joining Williams Family Law in 2016, Ms. Smith was a partner in the Bucks County office of a national law firm. She is admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar and is a member of both the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Bucks County Bar Association.
Ms. Smith earned her undergraduate degree at Gwynedd-Mercy University before going on to earn her Juris Doctor from the Dickinson School of Law at Penn State University.
When she is not practicing law, Ms. Smith enjoys spending time with her family, doing CrossFit and enjoying the outdoors. She is also a member of the board of trustees of the Bucks County Historical Society, the private non-profit organization that operates the Mercer Museum, Spruance Library and Fonthill Museum.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2008, 2020 - 2022
About Susan J. Smith
First Admitted: 1992, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.bucksfamilylawyers.com/attorneys/susan-smith
- Gwynedd-Mercy University
- Woman of the Year, Bucks County Bar Association, 2010
- Woman Leader in the Law ALM publications, Woman Leader in the Law, ALM, 2015
- Susan J Smith has long been one of Bucks County's best-known matrimonial lawyers, for the last two decades a prominent and respected member of the region's legal - and civic - community. A personal combination of positive, intuitive and fiercely competitive, Smith in many respects is one of the early success stories of woman litigators in eastern Pennsylvania., Ten Leaders, Ten Leaders, 2018
- Appointed to BCBA Bench/Bar Committee which committee directly interfaces with our judges., 2011
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2019
- Bucks County Bar Association, 2019
- New Orleans) Williams Family Law partners Susan J. Smith and Robert J. Salzer presented a key session to attendees of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section 2018 Winter Meeting, held January 11-14 in New Orleans. The session, “Six Keys to Winning a Custody Case,” taught vital tactics in prevailing in a custody case on behalf of a client, including custody evaluations, dissecting those reports, witness preparation and using pleadings to your advantage. Co-presenters included Hon. Daniel Clifford, Hon. Michele P. Bononi and Jennifer P. Bierly, Esq., Presenter, Six Keys to Winning a Custody Case, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Divorce, Custody, Family Law, 2018
- Family Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022