Brian J. Cali
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Dunmore, PA
Brian J. Cali is a Dunmore, Pennsylvania, based attorney with over 40 years of legal experience. He is the founder of Brian J. Cali & Associates and represents clients in Dunmore and throughout the Scranton and Wilkes-Barre areas. He maintains a diverse law practice, handling business, civil, criminal, elder, estate, family and real estate law.
As a family law attorney, Mr. Cali has experience with divorce, custody, juvenile matters and separation. He has handled many successful family cases at the trial and appellate levels.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Cali has earned the respect of his peers in the legal profession. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and a former chair of The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. He has been included in The Best Lawyers in America magazine and has earned membership in Lawyers of Distinction in 2019. He has also been listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 every year since 2012.
Mr. Cali is an active member of the Lackawanna Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. Serving leadership roles within his local community, he serves as chairman of the board for Fidelity Bank and is a charter member of the Lackawanna County Library System.
In 1974, Mr. Cali received a bachelor’s degree from Duquesne University. He went on to graduate from Duquesne University School of Law in 1977. Prior to founding his law firm, he served as an assistant solicitor for Lackawanna County. He holds a license to practice law before all Pennsylvania state courts.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 60%Family Law
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Elder Law
- 10%Real Estate: Business
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Business Formation and Planning, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Criminal Law, Mortgage & Refinance, Short Sale
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2009 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Brian J. Cali
First Admitted: 1977, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.brianjcali.com/attorneys/
- Lackawanna County Family Law Rules Committee
- Chair of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2018 and 2019
- Pennsylvania Association For Justice
- Charter Member - Library System of Lackawanna County
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- American Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- The Lackawanna Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court - Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania - 1977 / Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Joint Task Force on the Continuity of Delivery Of Legal Services, 2021
- , Lawyers of Distinction - 2019
- , Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- , Best Lawyers in America - 2019
- , Pennsylvania Super Lawyers List: 2007-Present
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America: 2012-Present
- , Brian J Cali & Associates, Top 100 Trial Lawyer, 2021
- , Brian J Cali & Associates, Lawyers of Distinction, 2021
- , Brian J Cali & Associates, Top Ten Family Law attorney, 2021
- , Brian J Cali & Associates, Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- , Brian J Cali & Associates, Best Law Firm U.S.News & World Report, 2021
- Duquesne University undergraduate degree in Pollical Science, minor in Business, 1974
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Chief Justice Michael Eagen Award, Lackawanna Bar Association, 2020
- Chairman of the Board, Fidelity Bank, 2021
- Chairman of PA Disciplinary Board, 2018
Last Updated: 6/9/2022