Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Erie, PA
- Free Consultation
Attorney Craig Murphey is a partner with Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C., law firm, which has law offices in Erie, Meadville and North East, Pennsylvania. A top-rated, award-winning trial attorney with more than 31 years of legal experience, Mr. Murphey provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout Erie County and the surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Personal injury
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice and nursing home abuse
- Commercial litigation and business disputes
- Insurance bad faith
Prior to representing plaintiff clients, Mr. Murphey led a successful practice as an insurance defense attorney, so he has a wealth of insight into the industry that helps him devise the most effective strategies possible to increase his clients' chances of obtaining the full amount of compensation they deserve. Regarded as a leader in insurance bad faith, he has counseled insurance companies and policyholders alike, and he has achieved notable success protecting the rights and interests of those he serves.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Murphey has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America* each year since 2012, including the organization's Pittsburgh Region Lawyer of the Year awards in 2017 (Personal Injury Litigation -- Defense) and 2019 (Insurance Law). He has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with numerous positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Murphey also has an active mediation practice. He has completed the intensive ADR training course offered by the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and is an approved Mediator, Arbitrator and Early Neutral Evaluator by the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
After graduating from the University of Pittsburgh with honors in 1985, Mr. Murphey attended The Ohio State University College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor with honors in 1988. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
*Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Insurance, Bad Faith Insurance
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
About Craig Murphey
First Admitted: 1988, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.yourerielawyers.com/our-team/craig-murphey/
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2011
- Lawyer of the Year, The Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- Outstanding Lawyer and Leader
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2012
- President, Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- President, Erie County Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Adjunct Faculty, Mercyhurst College
- Panelist, ECBA Seminar on Changes Made to the Law of Joint and Several Liability, August 30, 2011 – Present
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, B.A., Honors: with Honors, 1985
- When does a slip and fall require a more in-depth investigation? When may it require legal action to determine who’… https://t.co/xD8SMh3xMC
- Happy 4th of July! https://t.co/AMARwHETwO
- If you were convicted of a DUI in Pennsylvania, are you able to obtain a hardship license? Find out at the link bel… https://t.co/1Xi4V9BQR8
- Congratulations to Eric Purchase, Tim George, and Craig Murphey for being named to the 2022 Super Lawyers directory! https://t.co/Uubg2O4IVG
- Happy Memorial Day! https://t.co/DcoW3dZsrA
Last Updated: 5/27/2022