Janet M. Dery
Top Rated Banking Attorney in Fort Washington, PA
Janet is a Partner in the firm and has been with Starfield & Smith since its inception. She has taken her corporate law background and used it to assist small businesses and lenders with various aspects of their business, including commercial lending, government guaranteed lending, mergers and acquisitions, real estate sales, contracts, and agreements. Her peers have repeatedly voted her a Pennsylvania “Rising Star” as published in Philadelphia Magazine.
In her commercial law practice, Janet is a closing attorney for various lenders nationwide, ranging from large national lenders to small community banks and credit unions, and assists the Associates of the Firm with their loan files. Her responsibilities include: preparing and reviewing loan files for conventional,SBA 7(a)and 504 loans, many of which involve multi-jurisdictional issues and collateral; conferring with loan processors and in-house counsel; and drafting, analyzing and negotiating loan documents. She has closed hundreds of government guaranteed commercial loans through theSBA 7(a)and 504 loan programs and numerous conventional commercial financing transactions. She also assists lenders in servicing their loans and reviews government guaranteed loan files after default to assist lenders with their guarantee purchase submissions.
In her corporate law practice, Janet assists a number of small businesses in a variety of contexts. She advises on corporate governance and assists clients in all aspects of corporate transactional law, including the formation/incorporation of businesses and drafting, reviewing and negotiating various documents for business entities, which documents include interest-holder agreements, resolutions, corporate minutes, purchase agreements, and leases.
About Janet M. Dery
First Admitted: 2002, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.starfieldsmith.com/SITE_Attorneys_Details.asp
- Member of American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania and New Jersey in 2002 and Maryland in 2013
- Member of Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member of National Association of Development Companies
- Member of National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders
- SuperLawyers Pennsylvania Rising Star 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Madison Who's Who Registry of Executives and Professionals, 2008
- Approved closing attorney for the SBA 504 loan program
- State University College of New York at Oneonta, B.A., Widener University School of Law, J.D.
- American Bar Association
- National Association Of Development Companies
- National Association Of Government Guaranteed Lenders
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022