Matthew R. Schimizzi
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Greensburg, PennsylvaniaSchimizzi Law, LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Bankruptcy, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2009
Education: Duquesne University School of Law
Schimizzi Law, LLCKeystone Commons
35 W. Pittsburgh St.
Greensburg, PA 15601 Visit website
As a partner and attorney at Schimizzi Law, LLC, Matthew R. Schimizzi serves clients in Greensburg, Westmoreland County and throughout southwestern Pennsylvania. He represents clients on a variety of criminal defense, DUI defense and bankruptcy needs as well as real estate cases, motor vehicle accidents, and estate planning and probate administration.
A southwestern Pennsylvania native, Mr. Schimizzi graduated from Greater Latrobe High School. He received his bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg in 2006, graduating summa cum laude. He then earned his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of Law in 2009, graduating magna cum laude. While in law school, he was a member of the Duquesne Law Review staff from 2007 to 2009. He also received the CALI award for Sales and Leased Goods.
Upon graduating law school, Mr. Schimizzi immediately began focusing on a career in criminal defense. He was admitted to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania in 2009, and in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania in 2010. He became an assistant public defender in the Westmoreland County Public Defender's Office in 2010, working there until 2013 when he became a partner at Schimizzi Law, LLC.
Mr. Schimizzi is a member of the Westmoreland Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He served as a board member of Laurel Legal Services, Inc. from 2012 to 2018, having served as board chairman in 2017 and 2018. He served a board member and the chairman of Union Cemetery of Greensburg. He is currently a board member and secretary of the Stoneybrook Foundation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Bankruptcy: consumer, Estate planning & probate, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Bankruptcy law, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Wills
- 40% Criminal defense
- 30% Bankruptcy: consumer
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2009, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.schimizzilaw.com/Attorneys/Matthew-R-Schimizzi.s...
- C.A.L.I. award for Sales and Leased Goods, Duquesne University School of Law
- Duquesne Law Review, Staff Member, Duquesne University School of Law, 2007 - 2009
- Super Lawyer - Rising Star, 2017 - Present
- Laurel Legal Services, Inc., Board Chairman, 2012 - Present
- Laurel Legal Services, Inc., Board President, 2017 - Present
- Laurel Legal Services, Inc., Treasurer, 2012 – 2016
- Union Cemetery of Greensburg, Board Member, Chairman, 2017 - Present
- Laurel Legal Services, Inc., Board Member, 2012 – present
- The University of Pittsburgh of Greensburg, Greensburg, Pennsylvania, B.A., Major: Political Science, summa cum laude, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Westmoreland County Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
Office location for Matthew R. Schimizzi
35 W. Pittsburgh St.
Greensburg, PA 15601
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023