Michael J. Stewart
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Greensburg, PA
Representing the people of Pennsylvania in matters of family law, business law, estate planning and real estate, Michael J. Stewart is a valued attorney with Stewart, McArdle, Sorice, Whalen, Farrell, Finoli & Cavanaugh, LLC. Having lived his entire life in the area, Mr. Stewart graduated from Hempfield Area High School in 1968, earned a Bachelor of Arts from The Pennsylvania State University in 1972 and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1977.
Since his graduation from law school, Mr. Stewart has been president of the board of directors for the Westmoreland Bar Association and the Family Law Committee for the same organization. He is a member of the Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and current president of the board of directors of the Ned J. Nakles Chapter of the American Inn of Court.
Using his extensive experience in family law, Mr. Stewart has served as a panelist for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He has worked extensively to help needy individuals and families through various positions at the YMCA and pro bono activities with the Hempfield Area School District school board, the board of directors of the Greensburg YMCA, and the advisory boards of University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg, Westmoreland/Frick Hospital Foundation and S&T Bank.
A father to seven children, Mr. Stewart understands the emotions that are common in cases of family law. He prides himself on giving his time as a softball, baseball and basketball coach for over three decades. When he is not dealing with matters of estate planning or business law, he may be found enjoying some downtime while playing racquetball.
About Michael J. Stewart
First Admitted: 1977, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.greensburglaw.com/Attorneys/Michael-J-Stewart-446...
- Collaborative law
- Hempfield Area High School, 1968
- Penn State University, B.A., 1972
Pro bono/Community Service
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Greensburg YMCA – 15 years
- Former Coach, Basketball, Softball and Baseball – American Legion, Hempfield Recreation, West Point Little League and CYO
- Chairman, Annual Greensburg YMCA Partners in Youth Campaign
- Advisory Board, University of Pittsburgh, Greensburg
- Board of Chapter Advisors, Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity, Penn State University
- Former President, Greensburg YMCA Board of Directors -3 years
- Former Chairman, Construction of the New Church at Our Lady of Grace, Project Management Committee
- Board of Trustees, Member, Greensburg YMCA
- Advisory Board, S & T Bank ( Westmoreland County)
- Former Member, Hempfield Area School Board - 10 Years
- Greensburg Foundation Fund Distribution Committee, Member
- Educational Foundation of Phi Gamma Delta International Fraternity, Board of Directors
- Advisory Board, Westmoreland Hospital Foundation Board
- Former President, Hempfield Area School Board - 4 Years
- Westmoreland County Bar Association, Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committees, Co-Chaired
- Westmoreland County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Past President, 7 years on Board
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- President of the Board of Directors, Ned J. Nakles Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2007 - 2014
- Phi Gamma Delta
- Panelist, Family Law, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Last Updated: 5/15/2022