Alexander J. Palutis
Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaSmigel, Anderson & Sacks, LLP
I was raised in a union household. My mother served in the role as President of a Pennsylvania State Wide Teacher’s union and as member of their board of directors for 25 years. After graduating with honors from Georgetown University in 1983 and The University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1987, I was a law clerk for The Honorable Genevieve Blatt at the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. Judge Blatt was the first women elected to state wide office in Pennsylvania and the first woman to sit as a Pennsylvania appellate judge. While having the honor clerking for Judge Blatt, I learned the value of our court system’s availability to protect the rights of the injured workers and their families.
I offer a unique perspective to representing the injured worker in Pennsylvania. I have 25 years experience representing employers and insurance companies. I know how they think. I know their strategies. I know their tactics. I now can offer the Pennsylvania injured worker my experience and knowledge to fight against these big companies and for the rights of injured workers and their families.
In 2013 and again in 2019, I was Certified as a Specialist in the practice of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. This certification was achieved after completing a vigorous application process and passing a four hour written multiple choice and essay examination on all subject matters pertaining to the practice of Pa. Workers' Compensation Law. See the following link for a list of the only 149 attorneys certified as specialists in the area of Pa. Workers' Compensation Law in the State of Pennsylvania:https://www.pabar.org/public/workercompcert/WCCertified-ByCounty.pdf
In 2019, I was again selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the area of worker’s compensation. Considered among the best lawyers in their profession, Super Lawyers represent the top five percent (5%) of the practicing attorneys in Pennsylvania and are selected by their peers in an extensive nomination and polling (36,000 ballots) process conducted by Law and Politics.
I live in Hershey, Pa. with my wife and children. I have four daughters.In my leisure time I enjoy golfing, reading and community service.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant
- 100% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1987, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.sasllp.com/attorneys/alexander-j-palutis/
- Member, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Workers' Compensation Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Courts
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section
- How Long Can I Collect Workers' Compensation If I Have Been Injured on the Job?
- PAWorkersCompHelpNow Testimonial: David Blakely, 2014
- How much should I accept if I am offered a PA Workers Compensation settlement from my employer?
- Update: As of June 21,2017, the Independent Rating Evaluation, IRE, was held as unconstitutional by the Pa. Supreme Court in Protz v. WCAB. Employers can no longer limit an injured worker's temporary total disability benefits to 500 by having an IRE performed., Can I receive Pa.Workers' Compensation Benfits for life?, Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Benefits
- How Do I File a Workers' Compensation Claim and What Do I Do if it's Denied?
- PaWorkersCompHelpNow Testimonial: Matt Hamilton, 2014
- Secretary and Excecutive Board Member of the Hershey Youth Soccer Association
- Member of Board of Directors, Kid's Chance of Pennsylvania, 2010-2012
- Member of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania Historical Society, 2010
- Head Coach for the Hershey Rush GU12 premier soccer team since 2005
- 5 Simple Rules to Help You with Your pa Workers' Compensation Case, Smigel Anderson & Sacks Fall 2013 Workers' Compensation Client Seminar
- Georgetown University, B.A. (Cum Laude) American Government, 1983, 1983
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award for PA Workers' Compensation, 2014
- AVVO " Client's Choice Award " for 2016, AVVO, 2017
- Peer Review Rating:BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5 martindale.com®, 2019, 2019
- Guest Lecturer, Law and Medicine Communications Course for First Year Medical Students, The Penn State Milton S. Hershey School Of Medicine, 2017
- Re-Certified as a Specialist in the practice of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 2019
- Certified As A Specialist In The Practice Of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Law
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Member Workers' Compensation Section Of The Pennsylvania Bar Association
Office location for Alexander J. Palutis
4431 North Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2012, 2016 - 2019, 2023
Find me online
- Physical health isn't the only thing at stake on the job. Read up on mental health in the workplace here: https://t.co/7dEC0d6gCi
- Physical health isn't the only thing at stake on the job. Read up on mental health in the workplace here:… https://t.co/YhtCQqgg16
- Wishing you a happy and fun-filled Halloween! https://t.co/QNtw0akeDL