Jane W. Goldblum
Top rated Immigration attorney in Jenkintown, PennsylvaniaGoldblum, Pollins & Dennis
Practice Areas: Immigration
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 1981
I am the senior partner of Goldblum, Pollins & Dennis one of the largest and, I believe, best employment-based, women-owned and certified immigration firms in the Country. My clients include some of Pennsylvania's and the Delaware Valley's largest and most prestigious universities and hospitals including: the Pennsylvania System of Higher Education and its 14 state universities (my firm is the ONLY immigration firm authorized to provide immigration representation); the University of Delaware (my firm is the only immigration firm authorized to provide such representation); the University of Pennsylvania and its health system (one of 2 authorized firms); Drexel University; Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP); and health systems outside the Delaware Valley such as the Arkansas Heart Hospital. As such, my firm is considered on the best firms in the country on cases that MOST impact foreign faculty and scientists: namely, Special Recruitment, EB-1 Outstanding Researcher and EB-2 National Interest Waiver cases. I offer free consults to all foreign students and hires of my clients to ensure they receive needed immigration-related guidance.
My firm also has an outstanding Corporate Immigration Department and we effectively counsel global companies seeking H-1B, TN, L-1 Intra-Company, and E-2 Treaty Investor visas; and counseling them on Employment Compliance. By way of example, I effectively convinced ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) that my client, faced with an audit of ~30,000 I-9 forms, despite numerous technical deficiencies, should NOT be fined because such client was wholly committed to an authorized workforce. ICE agreed and my client was not fined. I also assist Pennsylvania's Office of International Business Development to alert foreign investors as to the wonderful opportunities afforded by the E-2 Treaty Investor visa; and establishing their enterprise in Pennsylvania. I authored a flyer used by the Commonwealth that succinctly describes all available visas and the requirements of same.
I also consider myself a Human Rights and Immigration Reform advocate. In 2017 I accompanied ADL's senior leadership to the Vatican where ~30 of us (wonderfully) had a private audience with Pope Francis and where U.S. immigration policy was discussed. I currently am on the National Commission of the ADL and an active Board Member of Mural Arts--that uses art to ignite change to neighborhoods and lives.
In 2014, I authored a key article on Employment Compliance and spoke at several conferences. On November 6, 2014 presented a POSTER presentation at the regional conference of NAFSA (National Association of Foreign Student Advisors)--entitled Lobby or Lose (about the changes that must be made in our immigration laws to keep foreign students coming to the U.S.). I also am on an Immigration Task Force (representing the Anti-Defamation League-ADL) that advocates for immigration reform. In December 2014, I will be speaking at the Montgomery County Bar Association on E-2 Investor Visas.
I am am 'Ambassador" for the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce's Select Philadelphia and, as such, meet with Foreign Investors and Executives of Foreign Companies--to explain our immigration laws and encourage them to invest in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania. I also am on the National Board of the ADL, on the Board of Dignity Housing (that provides transitional housing and life skills to the formerly homeless) and on the advisory board of Mural Arts.
First Admitted: 1980, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.goldblumfirm.com/our-team/jane-goldblum/
- I was wonderfully in the very first class of Yeshiva University's Benjamin Cardozo School of Law and graduated with a coveted law degree and a 2 year old son., 1979
- Co Editor-in-Chief, Stanton Manual on Labor Certification (AILA 2008-2009);Foreign College and University Teachers: Special Recruitment is Meant for You", Immigration Options for Academics and Researchers (to be published AILA 2012);"Special Recruitment: The Advantageous PERM Process for College and University Teachers...and Others", Stanton Manual (AILA 2008, 2009 AND revised article to be published 2012 ); "; "Chart to Verify Alien's and Derivative's Admissibility Before Taking a Case", Stanton Manual (AILA 2008-2009; and 2012)., Editor-in-Chief, Stanton Manual on Labor Certification, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2008
- This article discussed the little known opportunity for foreign students on OPT to pursue permanent residence while holding OPT status with the possibility of bypassing the increasingly elusive and expensive H-1B., Author, Employing the Foreign Graduate--Thinking about OPT Differently, Pepper Hamilton publication
- This article discusses the little known opportunity for individual E-2 Treaty Investors to purchase franchises., Author, Foreign Capital and the E-2 Nonimigrant Visa, The Franchise Lawyer, 2017
- 2011--PA BAR, Panel: Appropriate Nonimmigrant Issues 2011--Sterling, Panel: Immigration Compliance, I-9 Audits, etc 2010-AILA NATIONAL, Panel: Evolving issues impacting PERM
- Peer Reviewer, AILA's Voice Online Journal Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association Past Chair, AILA's Philadelphia Chapter , 2011
- I offer pro bono immigration-related guidance to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and specifically to Pennsylvania's Office of International Business Development t, 2019
- I am on the National (and local) Board of the ADL, a prominent Human Rights organization, 2020
- I was a member of Philadelphia's Immigration Task Force, working with local NGOs to advocate for Immigration Reform, 2018
- I am a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and served as Chair of the Local Chapter of AILA , 2020
- University of Pennsylvania--one of three authorized immigration firms; Temple University and Health System--one of three authorized immigration firms; Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and its 14 universities---only authorized immigration firms; University of Delaware--only authorized Immigration firm; Penn State University--one of authorized firms;; Hershey Medical Center--primary immigration counsel; Children's Hospital of Philadelphia--primary immigration counsel., 2020
- I am consistently listed among the best immigration lawyers in Pennsylvania and heading one of the best business immigration law firms in the area., Best Immigration Law Firm, Best Immigration Lawyer and Best Corporate Immigration Lawyer, Bestlawyers.com; superlawyers.com; whoswho.com, 2021
- I offer pro bono consultations to all foreign students and employees of my 20+ university clients and others seeking immigration guidance., 2021
- Member of PA Jewish Immigration Task Force National Commission, Anti-Defamation League (also on Executive Board of Local Chapter), 2011
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2005, 2007 - 2013, 2015 - 2024