Heather Willis Lewis
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Lancaster, PA
An attorney at the Levin Hoover Family Law Firm, Heather Willis Lewis focuses her practice exclusively on that area of the law. While Ms. Lewis has practiced in many counties in Central Pennsylvania, her office is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and her client base comes from the surrounding areas, including York, Cumberland and Dauphin counties. Ms. Lewis is admitted to practice in both Pennsylvania and Virginia, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
While Ms. Lewis joined her current firm in August 2020, she has concentrated her practice on family law for the great majority of her career. A large portion of her experience involves divorce and the related legal issues of property division, child and spousal support, and custody and visitation. Ms. Lewis assists her clients in trying to reach an accord on these matters through negotiating a settlement agreement, but if and when talks have broken down, she is an aggressive courtroom advocate on their behalf.
In addition to her divorce practice, Ms. Lewis has prepared and reviewed prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and her caseload has also included matters involving the custody and visitation rights of grandparents. After graduating from East Carolina University in 2002 with a Bachelor of Arts in English and summa cum laude in history, she enrolled at William & Mary Law School. While she was there, Ms. Lewis was the senior articles editor on what was then known as the William & Mary Journal of Women and the Law before obtaining her Juris Doctor in 2009.
About Heather Willis Lewis
First Admitted: 2010, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.levinhooverlaw.com/our-team/heather-willis-lewis...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro bono client representation through North Penn Legal Services, 2011-2015
- Volunteer Staff Attorney for the Dauphin County Bar Association Pro Bono Coordinator, 2010
- Pro Bono representation through North Penn Legal Services
- Greater Lycoming Habitat for Humanity Board Member, 2013-2015
- Admitted to the Western District of Virginia
- Lycoming Law Association
- Admitted to the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Admitted to the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member of Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2011
- Union/Snyder County Bar Association
- Northumberland County Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association, 2009
- East Carolina University, B.A., summa cum laude, December 2005 Presented Honors Thesis at the 2005 International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts Chancellor’s List all semesters at East Carolina University Outstanding Senior Award; History Department, East Carolina University, December 2005 Outstanding Senior Award; English Department, East Carolina University, December 2005
- Article published while in law school for the William & Mary Journal of Woman and the Law., Creeping By Moonlight: A Look at Civil Commitment Laws for Sexually Violent Predators Through the Lens of “The Yellow Wallpaper”, 15 WM & MARY J. WOMEN & L. 161 (2009), 2009
- Research credited in Chapter 11 of Promises Kept: East Carolina University, 1980-2007
- 2013: Rights of Grandparents and Third Parties and How to Handle a Grandparent-Third Party Custody Case
- Virginia State Bar Southern Virginia Pre-Law Minority Conference at Washington & Lee School of Law, Lexington, VA, September 2010
- William & Mary Journal of Women and the Law Annual Symposium From the Courtroom to the Mother’s Womb: Protecting Women’s Privacy in the Most Important Places at William & Mary School of Law, Williamsburg, VA, February 2009
- Leadership Lycoming member, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022