John M. Hauser, III
Top rated Family Law attorney in Latrobe, PennsylvaniaLatrobe Law Associates, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning & Probate; view more
Licensed in Pennsylvania since: 2004
Education: Duquesne University School of Law
Latrobe Law Associates, LLC206 Weldon Street
Latrobe, PA 15650 Visit website
The founder of Latrobe Law Associates, LLC, John M. Hauser III, Esq., practices in personal injury and wrongful death actions, family law, criminal defense, and estate planning and administration. From his office in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, Attorney Hauser represents clients throughout Westmoreland, Indiana, Somerset and Fayette counties. Mr. Hauser is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and all other Courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Practicing in family law Attorney Hauser handles matters of divorce and its accompanying issues such as child custody and visitation, property division, and spousal and child support. His experience in this area of the law also includes paternity disputes, the preparation and review of prenuptial agreements, and the representation of domestic violence victims who are seeking protective orders from the court.
In his criminal defense practice, Attorney Hauser has presented his client's case at jury trial and successfully averted conviction of his client in matters from homicide to aggravated assault, and he has handled several hundred of cases involving charges of driving under the influence.
Attorney Hauser has recovered millions of dollars for his clients in both settlements and trial verdicts. Most recently, following a five-day jury trial, Attorney Hauser won a jury verdict of more than $1.5 million dollars for injuries to his client in an accident resulting from an unsafe construction site at a personal residence. Attorney Hauser has handled personal injury matters ranging from motor vehicle accidents to defective products, to premises liability and dog bites. Furthermore, Attorney Hauser has, as both as a former public defender and in his private practice handled hundreds of criminal matters, including criminal jury trials for offenses ranging from homicide to aggravated assault, to trials for driving under the influence, and he has had hundreds of cases go to custody trials, master's hearing, and other family law trial proceedings.
Mr. Hauser has repeatedly obtained positive results for his clients, and this success has led to recognition from his colleagues, including his receipt of a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, he is also admitted to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a President's Club member of the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, and he is a member of the board of The Ned J. Nakles American Inn of Court where he is a Past President.
Attorney Hauser obtained his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of Law in 2004 after double-majoring with honors in both economics and political science from Westminster College.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning & Probate, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Animal Bites, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Child Support, Construction Accident, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Estate Planning, False Accusations, Father's Rights, Felony, Living Wills, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Overdrawn Bank Account, Parole, Paternity, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Power of Attorney, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Prenuptial Agreements, Probate & Estate Administration, Probation, Prosecution, Same Sex Family Law, Sex Offenses, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Theft, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, Wills, Wrongful Death
- 30% Family Law
- 30% Criminal Defense
- 20% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.latrobelaw.net/Attorney-Profile/John-M-Hauser-Ii...
- I represent persons in need in the areas of personal injury, family law, wills and estate administration, criminal law and DUI defense. If you have an issue in an area of law that I do not handle, I will be happy to refer you to one of my trusted colleagues to ensure that you have trustworthy, reliable representation.
- Attorney Hauser has personally tried and or/settled numerous products liability and personal injury cases, including causes of action for a mis-filled prescription causing illness, defective medical devices causing pain, and defective mechanisms including a $265,000 settlement against the undisclosed manufacturer of a defective carbon monoxide detector. He also regularly handles cases involving fall injuries, dog-bites, automobile, and other personal injury actions. In addition to personal injury cases, Attorney Hauser also handles litigation for property damage and contract disputes. In a suit for the loss of a thoroughbred horse, obtained a settlement of more than seven times the price that was paid for the horse one-year prior to its loss. Attorney Hauser personally tries jury trials; recent cases include a verdict of $1.55 million dollars for an injured plaintiff in a construction accident fall, defense of charges for criminal homicide, and felony aggravated assault.
- Law Day Speaker--2006-2011
- Member, Holy Family Parish in Latrobe
- Duquesne University Pro Bono Clinic, 2002
- Volunteer for 'Get Help Now' Governor's Recession Initiative, 2009
- Past participating Volunteer Attorney with the Westmoreland County Pro Bono Assistance Office, 2006
- Attorney Advisor to the Derry Area High School Mock Trial Team--2010-2011; 2012-2022, 2010
- Greater Latrobe High School, 1997
- Westminster College, Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude, Double Majors: Economics and Political Science, 2001
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 2004
- Westmoreland Bar Association Planning Committee, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- Westmoreland Bar Association--Chairman of the Explorers Committee, 2008
- Delegate to the Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates, 2008-2010, 2008
- Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity, 2001
- Westmoreland Bar Association Litigation, Family Law, and Criminal Law Committees, 2011
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2004
- American Inns of Court, Ned J. Nakles Chapter, President, 2016 - 2018, 2005
- Treasurer of Young Lawyers' Committee, 2011
- Treasurer and past-Chairman of Young Lawyers Committee, 2010
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Admitted to practice in the United States Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Certified in Family Law Collaborative Practice, 2009
- Westmoreland Bar Association, Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2009. Awarded to the young lawyer who best exemplifies outstanding leadership and distinguished service to the legal profession and the community. , WBA Outstanding Young Lawyer, Westmoreland Bar Association, 2009
- Years of Selection, Rising Stars Publication, 2008 - 2019
- Recognized by SuperLawyers Magazine for Litigation Excellence, 2010 - 2017
- A two-part educational treatise on the basic legal concepts of divorce for members of the public considering and/or preparing for divorce., Author, Divorce: A Brief Overview, Laurel Mountain Life, 2013
- Adjunct professor teaching businsess law and white collar crime at the University of Pittsburgh, Greensburg campus. The University of Pittsburgh has been ranked as one of the top Universities, both in the United States and worldwide. Professor Hauser has not taught since 2019 as his focus has been on his law practice., Adjunct Professor, Professor, Academia, 2014
Office location for John M. Hauser, III
206 Weldon Street
Latrobe, PA 15650
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2019