Brendan D. Hennessy
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Malvern, PA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2016
The principal attorney at the Hennessy Law Firm, Brendan D. Hennessy focuses his practice exclusively on labor and employment law. From the firm's office in Malvern, Pennsylvania, he provides representation to both employers and employees throughout Chester County and other parts of the greater Philadelphia metropolitan region. Admitted to practice before all Pennsylvania and New Jersey state courts, Mr. Hennessy is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals for his track record and high degree of ethics, he has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Hennessy has an active consulting and litigation practice. He consults with executives, employees and businesses regarding workplace discrimination and retaliation cases arising out of such federal laws as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. He has appeared on behalf of his clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission. Mr. Hennessy has represented people who have been wrongfully terminated or otherwise retaliated against due to their whistleblower activities, and he regularly prepares and reviews executive compensation agreements as well as litigating cases involving the breach of such contracts.
In addition to operating his employment practice, Mr. Hennessy is an adjunct professor at three prestigious universities (Villanova University, American University and St. Joseph's University). He teaches employment law, risk management and compliance, and business law.
A native of Pennsylvania, Mr. Hennessy attended Saint Joseph's University as an undergraduate, where he majored in history and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1999. He subsequently obtained his legal education at the Temple University Beasley School of Law and served on the Temple Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2003. Mr. Hennessy's professional affiliations include the Chester County Bar Association. He lives with his wife and two children in Chester County.
About Brendan D. Hennessy
First Admitted: 2003, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.hennessylawfirm.com/brendan-hennessy-employment-a...
- Devon Preparatory School, Devon, PA, High School Diploma, Attained Dean’s List, Awarded Excellence in English, Spring 1994
- St. Joseph's University, B.A. in History, With Honors, Attained 3.48 GPA, Dean’s List, Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society, Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society, Study Tour of Greece, Volunteer tutor for elementary students in Grays Ferry, Philadelphia, 1999
- Goldberg v. Salem City School District
- Pennsylvania, 2003
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2003 - Present
- New Jersey, 2004
- The Partial Discharge of Student Loans, Temple Law Review, 77 Temple L. Rev. 71, 2004
- Employment Law at Villanova University
- Legal Coach for Managers and Supervisors, Progressive Business Publications, 2012
- Business Law at St. Joseph’s University
- Moderated Employment Mediator Panel (with EEOC Mediators and EEOC Alternative Dispute Resolution Director) on Mediation Practices, Philadelphia Bar Association, January, 2017
- Lecturer, Best Practices Mediating before the EEOC, Chester County Bar Association September, 2015
- Presenter, Americans Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act – Rights and Obligations, U.S. Steel Workers Union, Lancaster PA, September 2017
- Trainer, How to Deal with Harassment in the Workplace, 2014-2016
- Hennessy, B. The Partial Discharge of Student Loans: Breaking Apart the All or Nothing Interpretation of 11 U.S.C. § 523(a)(8), 77 Temple L. Rev. 71, Spring 2004
- Award for service on Moot Court Board, Temple Alumni Moot Court Award, Temple School of Law, 2003
- Designated as a “Top Lawyer” in the area of Employment Law by Main Line Today, 2012, 2016
- Award for best published article in the area of federal law, Kranzel Award, Temple University School of Law, 2003
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Employment Law, 2012-2016, Philadelphia Magazine
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono and Contract Mediator for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Philadelphia
- Mediator, EEOC
- Volunteer, Chester County Legal Aid, 2012-Present
- Volunteer, Joseph's People
- Pro Bono Counsel to Joseph’s People, 2012-2014
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- @publicbill Might want to fact check this.
- Employment Contracts: A pending Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision could make non-competes tougher to contest http://t.co/p4nKHsCZk8
- BLOG: Problems Posed by Employee Background Checks http://t.co/NX2kI1YT
- BLOG: The Self-Employment Exclusion to Unemployment Compensation Benefits: Is a Side-Gig “Self-Employment”? http://t.co/3m8LRRKD
- Hennessy Law Firm http://t.co/dGjW3GTB
Last Updated: 5/15/2022