Colleen M. Neary
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Media, PA
Devoted to handling family law cases, Colleen M. Neary is a founding member of Sweeney & Neary, L.L.P. She represents clients in the areas surrounding Philadelphia and Media, Pennsylvania, in cases that involve the following matters: alimony, spousal support, divorce, child custody, child support, the equitable distribution of assets, separation agreements, paternity, protection from abuse and prenuptial agreements.
In 1988, Ms. Neary graduated with honors and a Bachelor of Science in political science and philosophy from The University of Scranton. She then attended the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, earning a Juris Doctor in 1991.
Bringing decades of experience to her practice, Ms. Neary offers clients compassionate representation. She understands the stress that any family law issue creates, and she takes the time to listen to her clients’ concerns.
This approach is the reason she has earned accolades such as being listed in The Best Lawyers in America and receiving numerous awards from the Delaware County Bar Association, including the Eric D. Turner Award, the Elizabeth Price Award, the E. Wallace Chadwick Award and the Lawyer's Club Man of the Year Award, to name a few. She has been honored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association with the Conference of County Bar Leaders Chief Justice John P. Flaherty Award.
Ms. Neary is a Past President of the Delaware County Bar Association and has served as Chairman of many Committees of the Bar Association, including the Family Law Section, Solo and Small Firms Committee, and the Bench Bar Conference Committee. She is an elected Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonal Lawyers and currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Pennsylvania Chapter.
A frequent guest speaker, Ms. Neary has also served as an instructor for continuing legal education classes on behalf of institutions such as the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Delaware County Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
- Top 50: 2022 Women Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
About Colleen M. Neary
First Admitted: 1991, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: http://www.sweeneynearylaw.com/attorneys/colleen-m-neary-esq...
Pro bono/Community Service
- University of Scranton Alumni Advisory Board President-Elect, Board of Governors
- Continuing Legal Education courses, the DCBA, Lecturer
- Continuing Legal Education courses, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Lecturer
- Continuing Legal Education Courses, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Lecturer
- Continuing Legal Education Courses, the Neumann College, Lecturer
- Continuing Legal Education Courses, the Villanova University, Lecturer
- University of Scranton, B.S., Major: Philosophy and Political Science, Honors: With Honors, 1988
- Nicholas D. Vadino, Jr. Memorial Award, 1999
- Best Lawyers, America publication
- E. Wallace Chadwick Award, Delaware County Bar Association, 2011
- Delaware County Lawyers Club Man of the Year Award, 2003
- In Recognition of an Outstanding Effort to Promote the Objects and Purposes of the Conference of County Bar Leaders and to Improve the Legal Profession, the Justice System or the Community., Chief Justice John P. Flaherty Award, Pennsylvania Bar Association-Conference of County Bar Leaders, 2017
- For Dedication, Professionalism and Integrity, along with her substantial contributions to improving the practice, elevating the standards and advancing the cause of matrimonial law., Eric D. Turner Award, DCBA Family Law Section, 2002
- One of Pennsylvania's, 2005
- Delaware County Bar Association, President, 2004
- Delaware County Bar Association, Member
- DCBA, Bench Bar Conference Committee, Chairperson
- PBA Family Law Section, Council
- DCBA, Past Presidents Committee, Chairperson
- DCBA, the Solo and Small Firms Committee, Chairperson
- PBA Conference of County Bar Leaders, Past-President
- Pennsylvania Chapter's Board of Examiners, Chairman
- DCBA, Family Law Section, Chairperson
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates, Present Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2003
Last Updated: 5/15/2022